    Toolman Tim Guest

    I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    ...... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005

  2. On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:52:49 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    > ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    LOL! Thanks for the <g>

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.

    ITSO azionista, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim

    philo Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:52:49 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    > ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    I have an acer that ran ok off the supply (no batteries in the machine)
    I guess you could try it and see.

    philo, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    ITSO azionista wrote:
    > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:52:49 -0700, Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load
    >> off my ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    > LOL! Thanks for the <g>

    ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    > ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    So you're asking if it's safe for your laptop or safe for your lap? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim

    Render Me Guest

    try Duralast from Autozone ;-)

    Render Me, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load
    >> off my ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    > So you're asking if it's safe for your laptop or safe for your lap?
    > :)

    I'm at an age where I no longer worry much about the 'lap' issues <g>

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-04, Toolman Tim <> wrote:
    > I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    > ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    I did that with my HP for a while, and had no problems. I have heard that
    some machines don't like it though. One problem might be the 'BIOS'
    settings being forgotten if the data is stored on RAM that needs a voltage
    to be present all the time and there isn't a back-up battery, or the
    back-up battery fails.

    Another problem is that the open screen unbalances the machine when the
    batteries are removed, making it more likely to fall off your lap. Which
    could prove expensive.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2005-09-04, Toolman Tim <>
    > wrote:
    >> I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load
    >> off my ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    > I did that with my HP for a while, and had no problems. I have heard
    > that some machines don't like it though. One problem might be the
    > 'BIOS' settings being forgotten if the data is stored on RAM that
    > needs a voltage to be present all the time and there isn't a back-up
    > battery, or the back-up battery fails.
    >
    > Another problem is that the open screen unbalances the machine when
    > the batteries are removed, making it more likely to fall off your
    > lap. Which could prove expensive.

    Yeah - done that once already. But it's not that off balance.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2005-09-04, Toolman Tim <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load
    >>> off my ..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    >> I did that with my HP for a while, and had no problems. I have heard
    >> that some machines don't like it though. One problem might be the
    >> 'BIOS' settings being forgotten if the data is stored on RAM that
    >> needs a voltage to be present all the time and there isn't a back-up
    >> battery, or the back-up battery fails.
    >>
    >> Another problem is that the open screen unbalances the machine when
    >> the batteries are removed, making it more likely to fall off your
    >> lap. Which could prove expensive.

    > Yeah - done that once already. But it's not that off balance.

    Although the operator is another issue...

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  11. Toolman Tim

    Trax Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    |> I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    |>..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    My Mom has run her Sony Vaio laptop without a battery from day one,
    and it works for her. I don't know why, I think she protecting the
    battery.

    She treats it like a desktop and never moved, so the weight
    distribution has never been a problem.

    --

    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

    Trax, Sep 5, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Trax, <>, whose name means "lights fires; boring",
    blustered:

    > My Mom has run her Sony Vaio laptop without a battery from day one, and
    > it works for her.

    Really? It works for her?

    > I don't know why, I think she protecting the battery.

    You should know why.

    > She treats it like a desktop and never moved, so the weight distribution
    > has never been a problem.

    So just how fat is she?

    Fred Tehbot, Sep 5, 2005
  13. Toolman Tim

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-05, Fred Tehbot <> wrote:
    > Trax, <>, whose name means "lights fires; boring",
    > blustered:
    >
    >> My Mom has run her Sony Vaio laptop without a battery from day one, and
    >> it works for her.

    > Really? It works for her?

    Never underestimate the power of a Mom ;))

    >> I don't know why, I think she protecting the battery.

    > You should know why.

    Re-chargeable batteries last longer if they are occasionally used and
    re-charged.

    >> She treats it like a desktop and never moved, so the weight distribution
    >> has never been a problem.

    > So just how fat is she?

    If she's on a drip feed, she might have lost very little weight. Being
    motionless conserves energy - although it does limit what you can get out
    of a standard computer, even if it's plugged in ...

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005