    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    , Dec 23, 2005

  2. Martyn Dewar Guest

    wrote:

    > Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
    > VoIP service?
    > jack

    It should "Just Work™" :)

    hth.

    Martyn Dewar, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Thus spaketh :
    > Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
    > VoIP service?
    > jack
    > Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    > More than 140,000 groups
    > Unlimited download
    > http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

    I'm a Telewest user , broadband only (+free TV) and use VoIP as my main and
    only 'landline' telephone service. Having a telephone service from Telewest
    won't prevent you using VoIP.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Nick Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
    > VoIP service?
    > jack
    > Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    > More than 140,000 groups
    > Unlimited download
    > http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

    You shouldn't be let loose on a computer.

    Nick, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:17:36 +0000, Martyn Dewar
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
    >> VoIP service?
    >> jack

    I changed to Telewest for that sole reason. I wanted to avoid paying
    for my landline.
    I use a Sipura SPA-3000.The SPA-3000 does allow use of a standard
    landline too but I don't need it. However, I do intend to attach a
    door phone to that port so it will serve a good purpose.
    The SPA-3000 has 'gateway' setting that permits the setting up of
    different operators. This is so that you can set a dial plan to call
    out via the operator of your choice for any given number type.
    However, this facility is not really necessary as there are other ways
    of achieving the same goal within the dial plan.
    Now that I know more about ATA set ups and voip I wish that I had got
    the SPA-1001. That would have allowed me 2 incoming numbers on one
    port, or an SPA-2002 giving the same thing but on 2 ports.
    When you come to want more detailed info try Googling/posting on this
    group or check out voxilla.com

    >It should "Just Work™" :)

    This comment does have a degree of truth. I can be on the phone and
    doing some browsing and all is OK. However, there are times when the
    sound quality can be a bit poor. Even so it is perfectly OK for its
    purpose.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Dec 23, 2005
  6. Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:21:06 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >I changed to Telewest for that sole reason. I wanted to avoid paying
    >for my landline.

    I got two freetalk accounts a Vonage and a voipfone account running
    over my TW BB account and no land line in the house now .

    , Dec 23, 2005
  7. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Can a user on a telewest/blueyonder service for phone and ISP, use a
    > VoIP service?

    works fine here, although Blueyonder are noticably stingy with upload
    bandwidth, eg P2P [if thats your bag] and phone calls won't work at the
    same time without a bit of traffic shaping.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    16:49:23 up 19 days, 3:25, 1 user, load average: 0.52, 1.48, 1.14

    alexd, Dec 27, 2005