Is it possible? Two ISDN phones into VIC NT/TE BRI

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by koniosis@gmail.com, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Cisco 3725 here, with a VIC BRI NT/TE module installed. It has
    two BRI ports (BRI 1/0 and BRI 1/1). I want to simply have an ISDN
    phone plugged straight into each BRI port and make a call between the
    two. I've tried everything I can think of, but not getting anywhere
    fast.

    I can get Layer 1, 2 and 3 up and get a dial tone on both phones, dial
    the number and the dialpeer debugging shows that the number is
    recognised and assigned to a dial-peer, then it lists "conected to
    unknown" and the phone gets the busy tone.

    I'm in the UK, so using "isdn switch type basic-net3" and A-law for the
    voice ports. I've tried a number of different phone makes and models
    including test phones. Every document I can find on Cisco about the
    modules talks about it being connected to a PBX or PSTN, but nothing
    about connecting isdn phones directly to the BRIs.

    My config:

    isdn switch-type basic-net3

    interface BRI1/0
    no ip address
    isdn switch-type basic-net3
    isdn protocol-emulate network
    isdn layer1-emulate network
    isdn incoming-voice voice
    isdn skipsend-idverify
    !
    interface BRI1/1
    no ip address
    isdn switch-type basic-net3
    isdn protocol-emulate network
    isdn layer1-emulate network
    isdn incoming-voice voice
    isdn skipsend-idverify
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface Dialer0
    no ip address
    !
    !
    !
    !
    voice-port 1/0/0
    compand-type a-law
    cptone GB
    !
    voice-port 1/0/1
    compand-type a-law
    cptone GB
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination-pattern 4000
    port 1/0/0
    !
    dial-peer voice 2 pots
    destination-pattern 4001
    port 1/0/1

    Can you see anything wrong with this?

    Dialling 4002/4001 from the phones results in this when using "debug
    dialpeer":

    *Mar 6 08:58:34: //-1/2940353283B0/DPM/dpMatchCore: dialstring(4002);
    expanded string(4002); calling()
    *Mar 6 08:58:34: //-1/2940353283B0/DPM/MatchNextPeer: peer 2 matched
    *Mar 6 08:58:34: //-1/2940353283B0/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore: Result=0
    after DP_MATCH_DEST
    22:46:07: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface BRI1/0:1 is now connected to
    unknown

    This results in recieving the busy tone, even though the other phone is
    firmly on the reciever. This happens trying from both phones. It is as
    if it understands the number that is being input, matches it upto a
    dial-peer then just routes it nothing, when all I want it to do is
    route it to the other BRI port.
    Any suggestions greatly welcoming.

    Thanks,

    Chris