Is it possible to use a 2700HGV as an ATA without DSL?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by JR, Feb 21, 2009.

  1. JR

    JR Guest

    Hi all,

    Apologies if this is an obscure question.

    I have a 2700HGV which is used purely as a WAP at the moment on a
    network connected to VirginMedia cable.

    I have gone through the 'hidden' screens to setup a Sipgate account on
    this and can ping the Sipgate server from the box however when trying to
    configure the phone lines it gives the error 'Your Broadband connection
    seems to be down, please fix before enabling voice lines.'

    Is there any way to prevent the box insisting on a DSL connection before
    using the VOIP function?

    Many thanks

    JR

    JR, Feb 21, 2009