    --
    Thanks in advance

    Remove the XXX to reply

    The Old Timer, Oct 25, 2003

  2. The Old Timer

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: Is it possible to transfer pictures from Windows XP to Olympus C-750without card writer?

    The Old Timer wrote:

    > Is it possible to transfer pictures from Windows XP to Olympus C-750 without
    > card writer?
    >
    > --
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Remove the XXX to reply

    On XP when you plug the camera in you should get a window open which will be the
    camera (shows up as a removable drive I think?) All you need to do is treat that
    window/folder/drive as any other drive. It will even show under 'My Computer' as
    a drive. So you simply drag and drop into the window/folder any pictures you
    wish to upload. Easy as pie :O)

    --
    Paul. (Love with tongues of fire)
    Not what it seems...

    Paul Heslop, Oct 25, 2003

  3. The Old Timer

    Paul Guest

    Re: Is it possible to transfer pictures from Windows XP to OlympusC-750 without card writer?

    On any USB supporting computer this camera is treated as a mass storage
    device, that is, it will show up as another disk drive. So transferring
    is a piece of cake both ways.
    If you wnat to use the camera to display those pics you will need to
    upload unaltered pics with the original file name and folder structure.

    Paul, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Re: Is it possible to transfer pictures from Windows XP to Olympus C-750 without card writer?

    I know that USB usually allows you to transfer data in both directions. I
    was also aware of card readers but didn't know why you would wont one unless
    you wished to have an adapter so that you could read a variety of cards.

    The Old Timer, Oct 26, 2003
  5. The Old Timer

    The Old Timer wrote:

    > I know that USB usually allows you to transfer data in both directions. I
    > was also aware of card readers but didn't know why you would wont one unless
    > you wished to have an adapter so that you could read a variety of cards.

    The good thing about the card reader is you're not using the power from your
    camera. If you're camera has only battery power and uses them quickly then the
    card reader is ideal, you remove the card and put it in the reader, instead of
    plugging in the camera. Also, if your usb slot is free you can leave the reader
    plugged in, where the camera has to be unplugged so you can go out and take
    pics.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 26, 2003
  6. The Old Timer

    Paul Heslop wrote: