    think of to alter it..

    Thanks a lot guys.

    , May 7, 2004

  2. slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, emerged from the
    bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
    crying:

    > If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    > think of to alter it..
    >
    > Thanks a lot guys.

    What is it ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 7, 2004

  3. Bryan Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from
    > the bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever
    > see, crying:
    >
    >> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >> think of to alter it..
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot guys.

    > What is it ?

    Ejector platform for anti virus control?
    <shrug> just guessing!

    Bryan, May 7, 2004
  4. olfart Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from the
    > bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
    > crying:
    >
    > > If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    > > think of to alter it..
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot guys.

    > What is it ?
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just me
    > (cheap at twice the price...)

    Sets of an explosive charge under the PC. Look in the Help files under "Damn
    Fast ShutDown"

    olfart, May 7, 2004
  5. slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Bryan emerged from the bunker carrying
    the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >> ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from
    >> the bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever
    >> see, crying:
    >>
    >>> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >>> think of to alter it..
    >>>
    >>> Thanks a lot guys.

    >> What is it ?

    > Ejector platform for anti virus control?
    > <shrug> just guessing!

    W98 Easter Egg ?

    Silly sod can search, there are loads of references to it...
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 7, 2004
  6. Bryan Guest

    olfart wrote:
    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from
    >> the bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would
    >> ever see, crying:
    >>
    >>> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >>> think of to alter it..
    >>>
    >>> Thanks a lot guys.

    >> What is it ?
    >> --
    >> slumpy
    >> no more
    >> no less
    >> just me
    >> (cheap at twice the price...)
    >>

    > Sets of an explosive charge under the PC. Look in the Help files
    > under "Damn Fast ShutDown"

    rofl

    Bryan, May 7, 2004
  7. slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, olfart emerged from the bunker carrying
    the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    >>> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >>> think of to alter it..
    >>>
    >>> Thanks a lot guys.

    >> What is it ?

    > Sets of an explosive charge under the PC. Look in the Help files
    > under "Damn Fast ShutDown"

    Aaah, I had visions of a James-Bondesque Aston-Martin-type thingy with an
    Ejector-seat-kind-of-motif. Now all I need to do is work out what a
    springloaded computer would be good for.

    Clearing a hole into the roof cavity where a handy airduct or shaft can
    always be found ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 7, 2004
  8. Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:01:52 GMT,
    () wrote:

    >If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >think of to alter it..
    >
    >Thanks a lot guys.

    Yeah, but if we tell you how to do it...what happens if you actually
    want to eject your PC... then you'll be sorry. You have to think these
    things through.

    , May 7, 2004
  9. Guest

    When I want to eject the laptop, I switch it off and then use the
    manual lever to push it out of the docking station.

    Can anyone help me here?

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 22:22:53 -0500,
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:01:52 GMT,
    >() wrote:
    >
    >>If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >>think of to alter it..
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot guys.
    >>

    >Yeah, but if we tell you how to do it...what happens if you actually
    >want to eject your PC... then you'll be sorry. You have to think these
    >things through.

    , May 7, 2004
  10. Juan Pérez Guest

    ,<> captured everyone's attention
    with this hysterical rendition of yankee doodle:

    > If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    > think of to alter it..
    >
    > Thanks a lot guys.

    Could you have "Eject CD" in mind?

    --
    Juan

    Juan Pérez, May 7, 2004
  11. Toolman Tim Guest

    Have you tried right-clicking on "Eject PC" in the start menu to see if
    there is a "Delete" option?

    Toolman Tim, May 7, 2004
  12. Boomer Guest

    Boomer, May 7, 2004
  13. Dan Shea Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:45:12 GMT,
    () wrote:

    >When I want to eject the laptop, I switch it off and then use the
    >manual lever to push it out of the docking station.

    Nobody here is going to tell you something that you could easily find
    out yourself. Not when there's too much fun to be had otherwise. :)

    Generally,
    one can find
    out for oneself the entire
    gamut of desired information.
    Look, we'd love to help,
    especially on a
    fun challenge like this,
    only the
    resources are so readily available.
    Examine the third record down (from
    jsiinc.com), and
    evade the
    chiding of
    the masses.
    pleasant computing!
    Cheers, dan

    Dan Shea, May 7, 2004
  14. Guest

    Tried it but no luck.
    On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:08:03 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote:

    >Have you tried right-clicking on "Eject PC" in the start menu to see if
    >there is a "Delete" option?
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> When I want to eject the laptop, I switch it off and then use the
    >> manual lever to push it out of the docking station.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me here?
    >>
    >> On Thu, 06 May 2004 22:22:53 -0500,
    >> wrote:

    >> >Yeah, but if we tell you how to do it...what happens if you actually
    >> >want to eject your PC... then you'll be sorry. You have to think these
    >> >things through.

    , May 7, 2004
  15. slumpy wrote:

    > ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from
    > the bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever
    > see, crying:

    >> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >> think of to alter it..

    >> Thanks a lot guys.

    > What is it ?

    "Eject PC" is similar to "Eject CD", but it works in reverse -- thus the
    name.

    The CD tray stays motionless in space while the rest of the tower is
    flung backwards 5.5 inches. As with "Eject CD", this too makes it
    possible to remove the CD from the tray -- but since the disk itself
    isn't thrust out of the case at high speed, there's less erosion of its
    delicate surface from passing particles of air and the impurities it
    contains.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2004
  16. slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Blinky the Shark emerged from the
    bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
    crying:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from
    >> the bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever
    >> see, crying:

    >>> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >>> think of to alter it..

    >>> Thanks a lot guys.

    >> What is it ?

    > "Eject PC" is similar to "Eject CD", but it works in reverse -- thus
    > the name.
    >
    > The CD tray stays motionless in space while the rest of the tower is
    > flung backwards 5.5 inches. As with "Eject CD", this too makes it
    > possible to remove the CD from the tray -- but since the disk itself
    > isn't thrust out of the case at high speed, there's less erosion of
    > its delicate surface from passing particles of air and the impurities
    > it contains.

    ROFLMAO - I could visualise it....
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 7, 2004
  17. Barry OGrady Guest

    On 7 May 2004 05:21:12 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> ...and seconds before the explosion, emerged from
    >> the bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever
    >> see, crying:

    >>> If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    >>> think of to alter it..

    >>> Thanks a lot guys.

    >> What is it ?

    >"Eject PC" is similar to "Eject CD", but it works in reverse -- thus the
    >name.
    >
    >The CD tray stays motionless in space while the rest of the tower is
    >flung backwards 5.5 inches. As with "Eject CD", this too makes it
    >possible to remove the CD from the tray -- but since the disk itself
    >isn't thrust out of the case at high speed, there's less erosion of its
    >delicate surface from passing particles of air and the impurities it
    >contains.

    That's OK if you don't mind replacing the rest of the computer on a regular basis.

    >--
    >Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
    >AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    >Nigerian Scam From Space http://snipurl.com/iss419
    >New Windows - Don't Wait For Longhorn! http://snipurl.com/newwin

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, May 7, 2004
  18. Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:45:12 GMT, () wrote:

    >When I want to eject the laptop, I switch it off and then use the
    >manual lever to push it out of the docking station.
    >
    >Can anyone help me here?

    Sounds like something you can do for yourself.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, May 7, 2004
  19. Your answer

    wrote:

    > If so, please tell me how as I've been through every setting I can
    > think of to alter it..
    >
    > Thanks a lot guys.

    Registry Settings

    System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\IDConfigDB\
    CurrentDockInfo]

    Value Name: EjectableDocks

    Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

    Value Data: (0 = disable Eject PC, 1 = default)

    Good luck!

    --
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
    binary, and those who don't...

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?-Cryogenic-=A9?=, May 7, 2004
  20. Trent SC Guest

    Re: Your answer

    Who are you replying to, and to which post does this refer? If you are
    going to post what may be a useful answer to a specific problem, it's going
    to be little help to the OP when your reply doesn't get added to the
    original thread (clue: click on the button marked 'reply').

    Trent SC, May 7, 2004