Is it possible to receive a specific email from a pop3 account?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jibbed, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Jibbed

    Jibbed Guest

    Hi,
    My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
    downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now and I
    know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but I've
    got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd rather
    wait until the broken one's fixed.

    I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the last
    couple
    of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
    account without starting from 1?

    I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
    something?

    Anyone know if this is possible?

    Thanks everyone!
    Jon
    Jibbed, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Jibbed

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Jibbed said:

    > Hi,
    > My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
    > downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now and I
    > know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but I've
    > got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd rather
    > wait until the broken one's fixed.
    >
    > I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the last
    > couple
    > of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
    > account without starting from 1?
    >
    > I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
    > something?
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible?
    >
    > Thanks everyone!
    > Jon

    Can you sign in to your account via your ISP's web page?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware
    Brian H¹©, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Jibbed

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:48:00 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
    > Hi,
    > My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
    > downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now and I
    > know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but I've
    > got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd rather
    > wait until the broken one's fixed.
    >
    > I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the last
    > couple
    > of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
    > account without starting from 1?
    >
    > I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
    > something?
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible?

    Use Magic Mail Monitor http://www.geeba.org/magic/ in order to view the
    subject headers and delete the ones you don't want. You can also choose
    to see the text versions of individual messages, etc.

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Jibbed

    Jibbed Guest

    Thanks for your reply Brian. I think I can actually, don't know why I didn't
    think of that before :). No need now, the soft Jimchip suggested did the
    trick.

    Thanks again,
    Jon

    Jibbed, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Jibbed

    Jibbed Guest

    Cheers Jimchip. That's the dogs danglies that Mail Monitor. Nifty piece of
    kit.

    Done the job, cheers,

    Jibbed, Jul 10, 2003
  6. Jibbed

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:34:24 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
    > Cheers Jimchip. That's the dogs danglies that Mail Monitor. Nifty piece of
    > kit.

    It's a good hack and has been a favorite for quite awhile.

    > Done the job, cheers,
    >

    > "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:48:00 +0100, Jibbed wrote:
    >> > Hi,
    >> > My computers hard drive failed recently and since then I've not been
    >> > downloading emails from my pop3 account. I'm on a friends computer now

    > and I
    >> > know I can get the emails through Hotmail and other email clients but

    > I've
    >> > got around 2,500 waiting, probably a few with big attachments so I'd

    > rather
    >> > wait until the broken one's fixed.
    >> >
    >> > I would however like to receive a specific email sent to me within the

    > last
    >> > couple
    >> > of days. Is there any way to receive say email 2,480 to 2,500 from my
    >> > account without starting from 1?
    >> >
    >> > I'm sure there must be something built in like a 'Skip' feature or
    >> > something?
    >> >
    >> > Anyone know if this is possible?

    >> Use Magic Mail Monitor http://www.geeba.org/magic/ in order to view the
    >> subject headers and delete the ones you don't want. You can also choose
    >> to see the text versions of individual messages, etc.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I have.
    >> (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 10, 2003
  7. Jibbed

    Alien Zord Guest

    http://www.e-mailanywhere.com/
    http://www.mail2web.com/cgi-bin/login.asp?lid=0&il=0
    Alien Zord, Jul 10, 2003
  8. Jimchip wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:34:24 +0100, Jibbed wrote:

    >> Cheers Jimchip. That's the dogs danglies that Mail Monitor. Nifty
    >> piece of kit.

    > It's a good hack and has been a favorite for quite awhile.

    That and ePrompter for yahoomail: great combo. *My* old combo, in fact
    -- well, whaddaya know?! :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/boulder