    Here's the picture. Any suggestions gratefully received.

    http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/images/GB009.jpg (approx 400k)

    Tim

    Tim Downie, Apr 12, 2006

  2. There are MPEG based deblocking filters which might help. They work on the
    premise of knowing where the macro block boudaries are.

    James

    James Akiyama, Apr 12, 2006

  3. On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:36:12 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Tim Downie"
    <> wrote:

    >A friend of mine scanned some photographs (that he doesn't now have easy
    >access to) but somehow managed to have his scan settings set to high
    >resolution *and* very high compression with all the resultant artifacts that
    >that introduces.
    >
    >We know that data has gone forever but I was wondering if there were any
    >software tricks that could smooth out the jagged compression artifacts?
    >
    >Here's the picture. Any suggestions gratefully received.
    >
    >http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/images/GB009.jpg (approx 400k)

    PSP, PSE, PSCS2 have a jpeg artifact filter that can possibly help a
    little. But it's not going to perform miracles.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 12, 2006
  4. Tim Downie

    secheese Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:36:12 +0100, "Tim Downie"
    <> wrote:

    >Here's the picture. Any suggestions gratefully received.
    >
    >http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/images/GB009.jpg (approx 400k)

    Damaged beyond repair IMHO. No data is no data!

    secheese, Apr 12, 2006