    product, which I just recently did(64bit).

    Thanks,
    Stian

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RpYW4=?=, Oct 18, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3RpYW4=?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Stian.

    Yes - but you'll have to "clean install". There is NO upgrade path from
    32-bit to 64-bit - or vice-versa. You'll have to backup your data, make
    sure you have media to install your apps, and then reformat your 64-bit
    volume and clean install 32-bit Vista there. Then you'll need to reinstall
    your apps and restore your data - unless you have enough hard drive space to
    store your data in another volume during all this.

    The retail package of Vista Ultimate has two DVD-ROMs, one 32-bit and one
    64-bit, plus a single Product Key. The buyer decides which DVD to use with
    that single PK. I believe the Home Premium package is different and you'll
    need to contact Microsoft to get the other DVD at little or no extra charge.
    Check out this page:
    http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=404&tabid=1

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

    R. C. White, Oct 19, 2007

  3. If what the OP bought was the Retail version. Not true for OEM versions, I'm
    afraid. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 19, 2007
  4. Yes it was an OEM version. So then it's not possible whatsoever to get 32bit
    Vista without buying a new one?

    Stian

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RpYW4=?=, Oct 19, 2007
  5. Not unless you can get your OEM vendor to do a swap, no. That's one of the
    limitations of OEM versions, and one of the reasons they are cheaper.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 19, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3RpYW4=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You need to also check to see if they will run on Vista. Many edu programs
    will not run on Vista86 either. Check the Vista.general site.

    John Barnes, Oct 19, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U3RpYW4=?=

    XS11E Guest

    Stian <> wrote:

    > Yes it was an OEM version. So then it's not possible whatsoever to
    > get 32bit Vista without buying a new one?

    Maybe, check with your vendor. From what I've read here, some will
    swap and some won't. Good luck and be a bit persistent, if the first
    answer is no, ask for a supervisor.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, Oct 19, 2007