    Any moron should be able to figure this out for himself.

    I just don't want to find out the hard way.

    Thanks!

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Rudy Lopez

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    Use Lysol.

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Rudy Lopez

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:04:05 GMT, "Ron Reaugh" <>
    wrote:

    >Use Lysol.

    Ok. I think you are pulling my middle leg.

    Anyway. The reason I asked is that I don't want to streak/permanently
    damage the plastic screen.

    I might use Lyson on the keyboard. Good thinking Ron.

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Rudy Lopez

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:02:45 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >It's not a recommended cleaner for frequent use, the ammonia in Windex
    >can damage (craze/crack/yellow) the plastic front layer of the lcd
    >panel.

    How about for CRTs and TVs?

    (now that we are on the subject)

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Rudy Lopez

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    Thanks.

    *Most* of you guys were helpful.

    Fortunately they had eyeglass cleaner at Staples as well as some
    screen cleaner wipes.

    On the other hand they had quite a few bottles of stuff with warnings
    in rather fine print that the sprays were not suitable for LCDs.

    I'll bet quite a few people screw up their laptops by using the wrong
    solvent.

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 27, 2004
  6. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:25:56 GMT, (Rudy Lopez)
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:02:45 GMT, Barry Watzman
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>It's not a recommended cleaner for frequent use, the ammonia in Windex
    >>can damage (craze/crack/yellow) the plastic front layer of the lcd
    >>panel.

    >How about for CRTs and TVs?
    >
    >(now that we are on the subject)

    Never a problem in my experience...as Barry emphasized, spray the
    cloth, not the screen. If the stuff gets down behind the bottom of the
    screen, and (likely) into the controls, you'll have a repair bill down
    the road.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 27, 2004
  7. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:05:47 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:25:56 GMT, (Rudy Lopez)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:02:45 GMT, Barry Watzman
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>It's not a recommended cleaner for frequent use, the ammonia in Windex
    >>>can damage (craze/crack/yellow) the plastic front layer of the lcd
    >>>panel.

    >>How about for CRTs and TVs?
    >>
    >>(now that we are on the subject)
    >>

    >Never a problem in my experience...as Barry emphasized, spray the
    >cloth, not the screen. If the stuff gets down behind the bottom of the
    >screen, and (likely) into the controls, you'll have a repair bill down
    >the road.
    >
    >Tom

    Hmmm...so much for "never a problem"...never a problem if done
    correctly. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 27, 2004
  8. Rudy Lopez

    <> wrote:

    >It's not a recommended cleaner for frequent use, the ammonia in Windex
    >can damage (craze/crack/yellow) the plastic front layer of the lcd

    The only cleaning products I found in Staples approved for LCDs were
    premoistened Ispopropyl alcohol pads.

    Is it just amonia that is bad for plastic? Can you simply moisten a
    kleenex with some alcohol in a pinch?

    Anyway, I took your advice and used eyeglass cleaner and a lens
    cleaning cloth.

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 28, 2004
  9. Rudy Lopez

    AG Guest

    "Rudy Lopez" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:02:45 GMT, Barry Watzman
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >It's not a recommended cleaner for frequent use, the ammonia in Windex
    > >can damage (craze/crack/yellow) the plastic front layer of the lcd

    > The only cleaning products I found in Staples approved for LCDs were
    > premoistened Ispopropyl alcohol pads.
    >
    > Is it just amonia that is bad for plastic? Can you simply moisten a
    > kleenex with some alcohol in a pinch?

    Don't put alchohol on a laptop screen. I've seen it destroy some of the
    finishes. My personal favorite is plain water on a damp, not wet cloth.

    AG

    AG, Sep 28, 2004
  10. Rudy Lopez

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    >Don't put alchohol on a laptop screen. I've seen it destroy some of the
    >finishes. My personal favorite is plain water on a damp, not wet cloth.
    >
    >AG

    Spring water or tap water?

    ok, ok..I think I can work that much out for myself. :)

    Rudy Lopez, Sep 29, 2004
  11. Rudy Lopez

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    "Rudy Lopez" <> wrote in message

    > >Don't put alchohol on a laptop screen. I've seen it destroy some of the
    > >finishes. My personal favorite is plain water on a damp, not wet cloth.
    > >
    > >AG

    > Spring water or tap water?
    >
    > ok, ok..I think I can work that much out for myself. :)

    50% distilled water + 50% Lysol.

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 29, 2004
  12. "Lady Tech" <> wrote in message

    > "Rudy Lopez" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > >Don't put alchohol on a laptop screen. I've seen it destroy some

    > of the
    > > >finishes. My personal favorite is plain water on a damp, not wet

    > cloth.
    > > >
    > > >AG

    > > Spring water or tap water?
    > >
    > > ok, ok..I think I can work that much out for myself. :)

    > Filtered water.... just kidding..

    Spam-filtered water? and perhaps a left handed spray bottle????

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Sep 30, 2004
  13. Rudy Lopez

    AG Guest

    "Rudy Lopez" <> wrote in message

    > >Don't put alchohol on a laptop screen. I've seen it destroy some of the
    > >finishes. My personal favorite is plain water on a damp, not wet cloth.
    > >
    > >AG

    > Spring water or tap water?
    >
    > ok, ok..I think I can work that much out for myself. :)

    It must be distilled water. :p
    AG

    AG, Sep 30, 2004