    just don't want to have to go thru the hassle of registering and selling it
    on ebay or yahoo auctions. I have a PayPal account.

    Thanks for any info.

    What's In A Name?, Sep 29, 2004

  2. What's In A Name?

    Böwsér Guest

    For sale posts, or for auction posts should be put in any of the
    "marketplace" newsgroups, and not in the discussion groups (like this one).
    Go to rec.photo.marketplace.digital to sell this item.

    Thanks for asking!

    Böwsér, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Nope....not ok....oh wait! oooooooo you are so sneaky....yes you are!

    Gene Palmiter, Sep 29, 2004
  4. What's In A Name?

    Gadgets Guest

    Just prefix your post with FS: and most people won't mind. You'll get
    better money on eBay though, due to perceived safety of transactions...

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Sep 29, 2004
  5. What's In A Name?

    grenner Guest

    You just did

    grenner, Sep 29, 2004
  6. What's In A Name?

    Tony Guest

    Don't listen to this ahole. The charter specifically forbids selling on this
    forum and if he is too stupid to know that one shouldn't follow his pathetic
    troll ass down the path of selfishness and boorishness. Just killfile him
    and move along to the intelligent posters on the forum.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Sep 29, 2004
  7. What's In A Name?

    Guest

    Kibo informs me that "What's In A Name?" <What'>
    stated that:

    >I was just curious before I made the post, I wanted to know if it was ok?

    No, it's not, but thanks for having the manners to ask first. :)

    The appropriate group for your FS notice would be
    rec.photo.marketplace.digital.

    , Sep 29, 2004
  8. What's In A Name?

    Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus...com> stated that:

    >Just prefix your post with FS: and most people won't mind.

    'For sale' posts are specifically banned in the rec.photo groups,
    *except* for the appropriate marketplace groups. Please don't encourage
    people to break the rules.

    , Sep 29, 2004
  9. What's In A Name?

    Dave Guest

    What's In A Name? wrote:
    > I was just curious before I made the post, I wanted to know if it was ok?
    >
    > I just bought the Pentax Optio S4 with a SanDisk 64MB SD card (unopened) the
    > other day but for me, the camera is to darn small! So I decided this
    > morning I was going to return it for the Canon PowerShot SD110 but now my
    > sales receipt has disappeared so the store wont do anything about it:( I
    > bought the camera on sale for 359.00 and I'm willing to let it go for 295.00
    > including the SD card I bought for it which I think is a terrific deal. I
    > just don't want to have to go thru the hassle of registering and selling it
    > on ebay or yahoo auctions. I have a PayPal account.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    Nicely done.

    Dave, Sep 29, 2004
  10. What's In A Name?

    Steve Young Guest

    "Tony" the Toothless Tiger<> wrote:

    > Don't listen to this ahole. The charter specifically forbids selling on
    > this forum and if he is too stupid to know that one shouldn't follow
    > his pathetic troll ass down the path of selfishness and boorishness.
    > Just killfile him and move along to the intelligent posters on the
    > forum.

    hey *ahole* just exactly where in our charter do you see personal
    hobbyist ads prohibited? In my benevolence to you, I post our
    charter:

    rec.photo.digital

    This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital
    photography, including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation
    software, printers, and CD-ROM technology.

    All postings made to this group should conform to existing Usenet
    guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline documents). This
    group explicitly prohibits the posting of commercial advertisments or
    other promotional material, whether or not it is an any way related to
    photography. Binary postings (i.e. non text postings) are
    prohibited.

    Steve Young, Sep 29, 2004
  11. What's In A Name?

    leo Guest

    "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    > Nope....not ok....oh wait! oooooooo you are so sneaky....yes you are!

    That's what I thought but then his email address doesn't seem to be a valid
    one. Perhaps an honest mistake.

    leo, Sep 29, 2004
  12. What's In A Name?

    Guest

    [People: please ignore/killfile Steve Young. He only posts here to
    disrupt the newsgroup.]

    Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> stated
    that:

    >hey *ahole* just exactly where in our charter do you see personal
    >hobbyist ads prohibited? In my benevolence to you, I post our
    >charter:

    [...]
    >All postings made to this group should conform to existing Usenet
    >guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline documents). This
    >group explicitly prohibits the posting of commercial advertisments or
    >other promotional material, whether or not it is an any way related to

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    It's banned right there, shit-for-brains. The only place 'hobbyist ads'
    (or any other kind of ads for that matter), are permitted is in the
    ..marketplace groups.

    , Sep 29, 2004
  13. What's In A Name?

    Steve Young Guest

    Lionel's sock, <> belched and heaved:
    > [People: please ignore/killfile Steve Young. He only posts here to
    > disrupt the newsgroup.]

    yes, yes, *move along*, still some daze till the voting

    > Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet>
    > stated

    >>hey *ahole* just exactly where in our charter do you see personal
    >>hobbyist ads prohibited? In my benevolence to you, I post our
    >>charter:

    > [...]
    >>All postings made to this group should conform to existing Usenet
    >>guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline documents). This
    >>group explicitly prohibits the posting of commercial advertisments or
    >>other promotional material, whether or not it is an any way related to

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    > It's banned right there, shit-for-brains. The only place 'hobbyist ads'
    > (or any other kind of ads for that matter), are permitted is in the
    > .marketplace groups.

    *too funny* sock of Lionel, member which straws you were grasping at
    last week?

    Steve Young, Sep 29, 2004
  14. What's In A Name?

    Guest

    Steve 'Organizer' Young lies again about ads being banned in RPD.

    Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> stated
    that:
    [...]
    >> It's banned right there, shit-for-brains. The only place 'hobbyist ads'
    >> (or any other kind of ads for that matter), are permitted is in the
    >> .marketplace groups.

    >*too funny* sock of Lionel, member which straws you were grasping at
    >last week?

    -----------------------------
    Newsgroups: news.groups,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
    Subject: The RPE35mm charter vs Auction ads, website promos, FS ads &
    the Shoot-In.
    ----------
    Okay Steve, I've had enough of your moronic claims that Ebay ads are
    permitted by the RPE3 charter, & that the Shoot-In isn't.

    As usual Steve, you're full of it. Here's the *official*, archived copy
    of CFD & charter for the rec.photo.* hierarchy re-org:
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.photo-reorg2
    It includes the charter for the rec.photo hierarchy, which explicitly
    states that it covers *every* group in that hierarchy, & the more
    specific charters for each of those sub-groups.

    And guess what, Steve? - Alan's summary is completely accurate.

    If you actually take a break from crossposting peoples personal details
    around Usenet for long enough to sit down & read this document, (& yes,
    it is the version that won the official *democratic* vote, & yes, it
    still stands), you'll find that it *proves* that your nit-picking is
    just as moronically wrong as everyone has been telling you for the last
    year or so.

    First off - Your idiotic claims that auction ads, 'Camera FS' ads &
    'Vote for my crappy photo!' ads are on-topic in any of the rec.photo
    discussion groups:
    The *hierarchy* charter first states that rec.photo.marketplace is the
    only place where *non-commercial* ads are on-topic, & makes the
    distinction clear by pointing out that *commercial* ads are banned even
    there as well. Just that fact alone is enough for anyone with
    high-school grasp of the English language to understand that it clearly
    bans *all* kinds of ads *or promotions* in the rec.photo.* discussion
    groups, & that they may only be posted in the .marketplace groups. Even
    in .marketplace, the proponent takes pains to specifically point out
    that the ban on commercial ads includes .marketplace as well, making it
    very clear to anyone capable of out-thinking a goldfish that commercial
    ads are completely banned in the entire hierarchy, & that the only
    permissible place for *personal*, photography-related ads is in the
    ..marketplace.
    So we don't need to change the RP3 to ban any of that crap, because
    it's *already banned*.

    Secondly: Your equally idiotic claims that photography-related
    activities like the Shoot-In are so egregiously off-topic that they
    should be banned, & can only be made acceptable by changing the charter:
    The charter explicitly defines as on-topic literally *anything* related
    to 35mm cameras, lenses & bodies. Unlike your insane rantings about
    charters, the Shoot-It *does* relate to:
    --------
    "Aspects of 35mm camera equipment.
    This includes 35mm SLR camera bodies and lenses, 35mm point-and-shoot
    cameras, 35mm rangefinder cameras, 35mm scale focus cameras and
    35mm half-frame cameras."
    --------
    And as most Shoot-In participants (including myself) use 35mm equipment
    for their entries, & generally discuss that equipment in the [SI]
    threads in the group, that makes them at least minimally on-topic. OTOH,
    the kind of non-photographic drivel with which *you* pollute the photo
    groups doesn't even come /that/ close to talk about 35mm camera
    equipment, so by your very own arguments *you are more off-topic* than
    the Shoot-In that you keep on whining & bleating about - exactly as we
    have all been telling you since the first moment you & your foul-mouthed
    anonymous alter-ego first started screeching about it.
    So it turns out that the RPE3 charter is permissive enough that we no
    more need to screw around with the RPE3 charter to 'permit' the Shoot-In
    than we do to 'permit' the usual vaguely-camera-related chat about film
    types, flash guns, or lighting techniques that's considered perfectly
    acceptable within the group.

    Additionally, I notice that the rec.photo.equipment.misc charter
    *specifically* points out that is intended for discussion of
    photographic equipment that is not covered by one of the other equipment
    groups, such as tripods, bags, etc, & that such equipment should be
    posted there, rather than in RPE3, or any of the other equipment groups.
    Logically, this means that discussions of camera bags, tripods, etc are
    actually *more* off-topic in RPE3 than the Shoot-In. So, Mr Pot, the
    next time you wish to call one of the Shoot-In participants an off-topic
    kettle, I suggest that you save up your bile & lay in wait for them to
    commit the horrific crime of talking about a tripod or camera bag in
    RPE3, rather than moving the thread to RPEM. That way, you'll look
    /slightly/ less of a hypocrite than you do when you stamp your little
    feet about the Shoot-In offending your oh-so-pure sensibilities.

    >Btw, I didn't see anything authorizing the off topic Shoot In.

    There's nothing in the charter that specifically authorises deranged,
    off-topic blather about creating Utopian Usenet democracies either, but
    that sure hasn't stopped you from stinking up the photo groups with it
    either, you drooling idiot.
    -----------------------------

    , Sep 29, 2004
  15. What's In A Name?

    Me Guest

    >I was just curious before I made the post, I wanted to know if it was ok?
    >
    > I just bought the Pentax Optio S4 with a SanDisk 64MB SD card (unopened)
    > the other day but for me, the camera is to darn small! So I decided this
    > morning I was going to return it for the Canon PowerShot SD110 but now my
    > sales receipt has disappeared so the store wont do anything about it:( I
    > bought the camera on sale for 359.00 and I'm willing to let it go for
    > 295.00 including the SD card I bought for it which I think is a terrific
    > deal. I just don't want to have to go thru the hassle of registering and
    > selling it on ebay or yahoo auctions. I have a PayPal account.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    The store should still have a copy of the sale - just speak to the assistant
    who sold it too you...

    Lee

    Me, Sep 29, 2004
  16. Re: Steve 'Organizer' Young lies again about ads being banned in RPD.

    Good post....very informative. But how does it happen that we can discuss
    how we take a photograph...and not why? Are there groups that cover the why?
    the who (no band refs please)?

    Gene Palmiter, Sep 29, 2004
  17. What's In A Name?

    Dave Guest

    It's already did and done. Neither you, your pal Spaz, his buddy
    Navass, your sock puppets, or their sock puppets can do anything about
    that fact that a (cleverly disguised) FA post has been made.

    NetKKKopping FA posts doesn't work. It only brings more attention to
    the OP. Complain to his IP and they'll laugh you off as a k00k. And
    eBay doesn't care either.

    Bitch, whine, and post the "not as unambiguous charter" all you will
    - the post has been made and there's not a damn thing you can do
    about it.

    Love,

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 29, 2004