    automatically format the media (CD/DVD/R-RW before the actual burning
    occurs?

    Thanks. Digger

    digger odell, Jan 5, 2011

  2. digger odell

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Digger

    You do not need to format a RW disc be it CD or DVD

    --
    Peter
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Jan 5, 2011

  3. digger odell

    dadiOH Guest

    digger odell wrote:
    > Am curious to know whether modern day burning software will
    > automatically format the media (CD/DVD/R-RW before the actual burning
    > occurs?
    >
    > Thanks. Digger

    It was never necessary to format them.

    Formatting was necessary only if you wanted to use packet writing and who in
    the world would want to do that?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jan 5, 2011
  4. digger odell

    RickMerrill Guest

    Peter Foldes wrote:
    > Digger
    >
    > You do not need to format a RW disc be it CD or DVD

    I suspect the OP misspoke and meant to as if you must
    do a Full ERASE of an RW disk before reusing same.

    A full erase of an RW disk can take nearly 30 minutes,
    so it is a good question: Can modern DVD writers
    overwrite modern R/W disks?

    RickMerrill, Jan 5, 2011
  5. digger odell

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:10:20 -0800, digger odell wrote:

    > Am curious to know whether modern day burning software will
    > automatically format the media (CD/DVD/R-RW before the actual burning
    > occurs?
    >
    > Thanks. Digger

    Any software that does RW will 'prepare' the disc for writing. It's not
    the same as formatting.

    Meat Plow, Jan 5, 2011