    using Books and the Internet. I know its not leagally binding to take the
    courses, but what I want to know is if I have experience in these subjects
    would it be too difficult for me to do this on my own.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Vwcw==?=, Feb 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3Vwcw==?=

    Emma Burrows Guest

    "Sups" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I wanted to know if its practtically necessary to take the Learning

    Courses
    > for passing these exams... or is it possible to do this through self

    learning
    > using Books and the Internet. I know its not leagally binding to take the
    > courses, but what I want to know is if I have experience in these subjects
    > would it be too difficult for me to do this on my own.

    Since you're already working with ASP .NET and C#, you've probably got a
    good start for the exams. I recently passed 70-315 (the C# Web exam for
    MCAD/MCSD qualification). I used only books and MSDN to study for the exam
    and passed with 962.

    I mainly used the Que Training Guide for 70-315 by Amit Kalani (see
    http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7), and followed up on the information there by
    reading the relevant sections of MSDN. I also read the Microsoft Self-Study
    Guide for 70-315 (http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6714.asp) but I
    didn't find it as useful as the Que book, as it's more of an overview than a
    training course. The main advantage of the Que Training Guide in my opinion
    is that it is packed full of exercises, which give you some structured
    hands-on experience of things you wouldn't necessarily do in your day to day
    job. As long as you stick to it, it's as good as a live course, in my
    opinion.

    So my answer to your question is that it isn't necessary to take the
    courses, IMO.

    Emma Burrows

    ---

    Emma Burrows, Feb 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3Vwcw==?=

    G Dean Blake Guest

    I used the QUE book by Mike Gunderloy for 70-305 and the transcender
    practice exams and that worked for me just fine. The transcender practice
    exams were a LOT harder that the real test.

    G Dean Blake, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Thanks for your replies. I've decided start preparing for the exam by myself.
    Will look at the books suggested by you guys.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Vwcw==?=, Mar 2, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?bWluYQ==?=, Jun 14, 2005