    not qualified enough. Or is it that I have no experience.I dont understand
    what else I can do.

    Thanks.

    BARRY ANDERSON, Oct 26, 2006

  2. "BARRY ANDERSON" <> wrote in message
    news:eFQaLXT%...
    > Hi eveyone just a quick question. I am studying towards an MCSE. At the
    > moment I am A+ and MCP, and at present sudying for 270-272. I was told IT
    > Proffesionals were in short supply. I am trying to get a job to kick start
    > my career in the industry. Can I get a break NO. Is it the area I live, am

    > not qualified enough. Or is it that I have no experience.I dont understand
    > what else I can do.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Have you applied to PC tech and/or help desk positions? Everyone has to
    start somewhere...

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Knowing very little about you except the 2 certifications you currently
    possess, it would be difficult to say. Perhaps it is where you live.
    Perhaps it is experience. Where have you applied for employment? What
    positions did you apply for in those organizations?

    Let us know some details and hopefully we can help you out or point you
    in the right direction...

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael D. Alligood, Oct 27, 2006
  4. BARRY ANDERSON

    M Guest

    > Hi eveyone just a quick question. I am studying towards an MCSE. At the
    > moment I am A+ and MCP, and at present sudying for 270-272. I was told IT
    > Proffesionals were in short supply. I am trying to get a job to kick start
    > my career in the industry. Can I get a break NO. Is it the area I live, am
    > I not qualified enough. Or is it that I have no experience.I dont
    > understand what else I can do.
    >
    > Thanks.

    If its any consolation I am also based in the UK and I am in the same
    position. OK that doesn't help you but at least you are not alone!

    M, Oct 28, 2006
  5. BARRY ANDERSON

    Lisa Guest

    Have you ever worked in the computer field or have you only taken the tests?

    If you have only taken the tests, I would recommend starting out in a Mom
    and Pop computer shop to sharpen your skills. The MCDST test don't cover
    half of what you need to know or do to really fix a computer. You need hands
    on experience. With some experience under your belt and your Certs, take it
    a step up. Try to get a job at a larger shop or small business. I have found
    that School districts are a good starting point, they don't always pay a lot
    to start out, but again you will be getting experience and training. You
    can't expect to get just get Certs and find a job. Start working on
    computers anywhere you can.

    I started out working on computers just for fun, then I got a job at a local
    shop that knew because I was always in there buying parts and talking. With
    the experience I learned there, I got my A+ and then went to college and got
    an A.S. in computer servie technology. I am now studying for the70-271 test,
    but just got a job at the local high school as their site technician based
    mainly on experience. The pay is twice what I got at the repair shop. They
    are also willing to train me on the networking stuff I don't know yet and as
    the school gets larger they plan on making me the Network Admin of the
    school.
    So for my two cents, just keep working on learning the business and find a
    job ANYWHERE to get experience to put on your resume.

    Lisa

    Lisa, Nov 4, 2006