    Other things:

    Is it possible to make Firefox load faster?

    Any way to make its blocking of pop unders more reliable?
    Trevor Smithson, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Trevor Smithson

    uerbe Guest

    Re: is is possible to get Active X to work with Firefox? plus otherminor things

    W porze nader osobliwej, bo 2005-06-03 11:03 zjawił(a) się u mnie Trevor
    Smithson, z miejsca zarzucajÄ…c mnie takimi oto pretensjami:

    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm

    > Is it possible to make Firefox load faster?

    Google + "pipelining"

    > Any way to make its blocking of pop unders more reliable?

    Adblock + a couple of regular expressions

    Regards,
    --
    **********************************************Robert uerbe Urbaniak*****
    w piÄ…tki: http://masakrytyczna.up.pl gg://4515266
    uerbe, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Trevor Smithson

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:03:22 GMT, in message
     <>, Trevor Smithson wrote:

    > I found one DLL that is supposed to make Firefox compatible with
    > ActiveX, to some degree, but it didn't work on my home system.
    > I've forgotten the name of the .dll...)

    See http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows1.html#ActiveX

    Read the docs.

    See https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

    > Any way to make its blocking of pop unders more reliable?

    Change your Firefox settings as described here:
    http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Politics is the art of getting power and
    privilege without possessing merit.
    Ralph Fox, Jun 3, 2005
  4. On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:02:30 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:03:22 GMT, in message
    > <>, Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >
    >> I found one DLL that is supposed to make Firefox compatible with
    >> ActiveX, to some degree, but it didn't work on my home system.
    >> I've forgotten the name of the .dll...)

    >See http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows1.html#ActiveX

    I will defiitely try this.

    >Read the docs.
    >

    >> Is it possible to make Firefox load faster?

    >See https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

    Installed! Thanks.

    >> Any way to make its blocking of pop unders more reliable?

    >Change your Firefox settings as described here:
    >http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html

    Looks like my about:config is set already properly. I guess some
    pop-unders just get through, for whatever reason.
    Trevor Smithson, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Trevor Smithson

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 02:22:57 GMT, in message
     <>, Trevor Smithson wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:02:30 +0000, Ralph Fox
    > <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:03:22 GMT, in message
    > > <>, Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > >
    > >> Firefox

    > >> Any way to make its blocking of pop unders more reliable?

    > >Change your Firefox settings as described here:
    > >http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html
    > >

    > Looks like my about:config is set already properly. I guess some
    > pop-unders just get through, for whatever reason.

    After fixing this setting, I haven't seen any pop-unders unless I
    actually click on a link on a pop-under infested web page.

    Whether or not your pop-unders are the same, maybe the AdBlock extension
    will help kill those remaining pop-unders.
    Ralph Fox, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Trevor Smithson

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Trevor Smithson* wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:02:30 +0000, Ralph Fox
    > <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:03:22 GMT, in message
    >> <>, Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >>
    >>> I found one DLL that is supposed to make Firefox compatible with
    >>> ActiveX, to some degree, but it didn't work on my home system.
    >>> I've forgotten the name of the .dll...)

    >>See http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows1.html#ActiveX

    > I will defiitely try this.

    I strongly advice (as also Mozdev do) against installing ActiveX on
    any browser because it's a security risk. Even Mozilla users with
    ActiveX installed has get in to trouble with it. After all, since it's
    not installed by default is a good reason to use Mozilla and not IE.

    --
    /Arne

    are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
    quote signatures, thank you.
    Arne, Jun 4, 2005