Is internetcalls.com really so cheap ? Can it be a fake ?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by OrhanOzturk, Aug 21, 2006.

  1. OrhanOzturk

    OrhanOzturk Guest

    Hi friends,

    I am talking to USA with the service internetcalls.com supplies. But i
    am really afraid of having a huge phone bill for me or for my
    friend.Because i must talk so much and i am not familiar with the
    system. When i check the cost of each talk on the site, i can see that
    it is very low. For a 40 min talk it costs 0.30 euro or something like
    that. It is acceptable for me but i am not sure if i will get a bill
    that includes these heavy talks.

    Let me summarize ,
    1 ) I have credit, i bought from the site.
    2 ) I am logging to the site and entering my phone number and the dest.
    phone number.Firstly my phone rings then the destination. Then we start
    to talk.We dont talk on the internet.We talk directly on the phone. So
    is this still accepted as VOIP ? Does this method cause some unwanted
    bills ?

    3 ) When we consider the cost, Is there any differece between talking
    on the phone or on the internet ? Bec. both are available by the site.

    4 ) If the site's claims are correct, how can they provide such a cheap
    service ? I used MSN like services. But i used it on the internet not
    on the phone.

    If you clarify my doubts i will be very very happy.

    Thanks a lot.

    OrhanOzturk, Aug 21, 2006

  2. OrhanOzturk

    Scope Guest

    OrhanOzturk wrote:
    > 2 ) I am logging to the site and entering my phone number and the dest.
    > phone number.Firstly my phone rings then the destination. Then we start
    > to talk.We dont talk on the internet.We talk directly on the phone. So
    > is this still accepted as VOIP ? Does this method cause some unwanted
    > bills ?

    That is one of the ways VoIP can work.. The phonecall is routed on your
    normal landline to the VoIP company, and then switched to the internet,
    and the other way on the other side.. Not a technical description, but
    how I understand it. :)

    > 3 ) When we consider the cost, Is there any differece between talking
    > on the phone or on the internet ? Bec. both are available by the site.

    The only difference is (if its the same as the other BetaMax companies),
    a 3ct connection fee if you connect the 2 lines using the internet.

    > 4 ) If the site's claims are correct, how can they provide such a cheap
    > service ? I used MSN like services. But i used it on the internet not
    > on the phone.

    They buy in bulk.. They must be making money, coz they have been going
    on for a few years ago.

    > If you clarify my doubts i will be very very happy.

    Dont worry, you can keep calling using VoIP and save lots of money. If
    you switch to one of the other Betamax companies (when you have used all
    of your credit) you can call USA for free (voipdiscount.com to mention
    one of them).

    Cheers.

    Scope, Aug 21, 2006

  3. OrhanOzturk

    OrhanOzturk Guest

    Scope thank you for your answer.

    And, Do you know that who calls destination number ? I mean,
    When i enter home number as caller and my cell phone as destination to
    test the service,
    firstly my home phone rings.As espected. (As a note : My home phone can
    show me the caller's number, i can read it on the screen.)

    It rings and shows my cell phone as the caller !!!. In fact it is the
    destinaiton. When i picked it up, my cell phone rings .... Is this
    normal ?.. In this way i started to think that one calls the other in
    this service...This is why i am getting worried.

    Scope yazdi:

    OrhanOzturk, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh OrhanOzturk:

    > Scope yazdi:
    >> OrhanOzturk wrote:
    >>> 2 ) I am logging to the site and entering my phone number and the
    >>> dest. phone number.Firstly my phone rings then the destination.
    >>> Then we start to talk.We dont talk on the internet.We talk directly
    >>> on the phone. So is this still accepted as VOIP ? Does this method
    >>> cause some unwanted bills ?

    >> That is one of the ways VoIP can work.. The phonecall is routed on
    >> your normal landline to the VoIP company, and then switched to the
    >> internet, and the other way on the other side.. Not a technical
    >> description, but how I understand it. :)
    >>
    >>> 3 ) When we consider the cost, Is there any differece between
    >>> talking on the phone or on the internet ? Bec. both are available
    >>> by the site.

    >> The only difference is (if its the same as the other BetaMax
    >> companies), a 3ct connection fee if you connect the 2 lines using
    >> the internet.
    >>
    >>> 4 ) If the site's claims are correct, how can they provide such a
    >>> cheap service ? I used MSN like services. But i used it on the
    >>> internet not on the phone.

    >> They buy in bulk.. They must be making money, coz they have been
    >> going on for a few years ago.
    >>
    >>> If you clarify my doubts i will be very very happy.

    >> Dont worry, you can keep calling using VoIP and save lots of money.
    >> If you switch to one of the other Betamax companies (when you have
    >> used all of your credit) you can call USA for free (voipdiscount.com
    >> to mention one of them).
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    > Scope thank you for your answer.
    >
    > And, Do you know that who calls destination number ? I mean,
    > When i enter home number as caller and my cell phone as destination to
    > test the service,
    > firstly my home phone rings.As espected. (As a note : My home phone
    > can show me the caller's number, i can read it on the screen.)
    >
    > It rings and shows my cell phone as the caller !!!. In fact it is the
    > destinaiton. When i picked it up, my cell phone rings .... Is this
    > normal ?.. In this way i started to think that one calls the other in
    > this service...This is why i am getting worried.

    Don't worry that's how the system works, it just uses the number you
    entered as the destination as the Caller ID for when the system rings
    your phone.

    If you download the software phone and use your PCs mic and
    speakers/headset, you can call the USA for free without the €0.03
    connection charge.

    Still 3 (euro) cents is a pretty good price for using your own phones.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2006
  5. OrhanOzturk

    OrhanOzturk Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} yazdi:
    > Thus spaketh OrhanOzturk:
    >

    > > Scope yazdi:
    > >>
    > >> That is one of the ways VoIP can work.. The phonecall is routed on
    > >> your normal landline to the VoIP company, and then switched to the
    > >> internet, and the other way on the other side.. Not a technical
    > >> description, but how I understand it. :)

    > >> The only difference is (if its the same as the other BetaMax
    > >> companies), a 3ct connection fee if you connect the 2 lines using
    > >> the internet.

    > >> They buy in bulk.. They must be making money, coz they have been
    > >> going on for a few years ago.

    > >> Dont worry, you can keep calling using VoIP and save lots of money.
    > >> If you switch to one of the other Betamax companies (when you have
    > >> used all of your credit) you can call USA for free (voipdiscount.com
    > >> to mention one of them).
    > >>
    > >> Cheers.

    > > Scope thank you for your answer.
    > >
    > > And, Do you know that who calls destination number ? I mean,
    > > When i enter home number as caller and my cell phone as destination to
    > > test the service,
    > > firstly my home phone rings.As espected. (As a note : My home phone
    > > can show me the caller's number, i can read it on the screen.)
    > >
    > > It rings and shows my cell phone as the caller !!!. In fact it is the
    > > destinaiton. When i picked it up, my cell phone rings .... Is this
    > > normal ?.. In this way i started to think that one calls the other in
    > > this service...This is why i am getting worried.
    > >

    > Don't worry that's how the system works, it just uses the number you
    > entered as the destination as the Caller ID for when the system rings
    > your phone.
    >
    > If you download the software phone and use your PCs mic and
    > speakers/headset, you can call the USA for free without the €0.03
    > connection charge.
    >
    > Still 3 (euro) cents is a pretty good price for using your own phones.
    >

    > --
    > DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    > PAYG Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    > Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    Thanks i feel better now :}

    Anyway, i could not understand the details :) but i will continue to
    use the service.

    Buying bulk and selling it at very low prices ...in this way, how can
    they put money? Very interesting and worth to read more on it.

    Again i want to thank you all. Thanks a lot.

    OrhanOzturk, Aug 21, 2006