    Javacript for several years, so I like iNet+ better.

    Thanks.
    Da Lei

    Da Lei, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Da Lei

    SBFan2000 Guest

    I would recommend getting A+ then iNET+

    Glenn
    A+

    SBFan2000, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Da Lei

    Guest

    If you find yourself in I-net+ go for that. A+ and i-net+ are both of
    different exam and different job responsibility. I would say that the
    CIW design courses are an excellent supplement to someone who already
    tinkers with a bit of Web design stuff. I've done i-Net+. I-net+ and
    CIW both cover mostly the same stuff, but foundations has more
    questions about design and management with less protocols and IP
    addresses.
    It's worth checking which version the trainer is offering. So guys, its
    totally upto you, what ever career you choose for yourself. A+ is meant
    for hardware and o/s technology exam, quite different from i-net+. But
    you have experience of site building and some of its tools, languages.
    I-net+ would be little easy for you.

    , Oct 13, 2005
  4. Da Lei

    Da Lei Guest

    wrote:
    > If you find yourself in I-net+ go for that. A+ and i-net+ are both of
    > different exam and different job responsibility. I would say that the
    > CIW design courses are an excellent supplement to someone who already
    > tinkers with a bit of Web design stuff. I've done i-Net+. I-net+ and
    > CIW both cover mostly the same stuff, but foundations has more
    > questions about design and management with less protocols and IP
    > addresses.

    To go by the CIW track, one must first pass the exam for CIW Associate.
    Is the 'foundations' in above quote the test for CIW Associate?

    CIW rules say that one must become a CIW Associate first, to take other
    CIW tests. Does CIW take the iNet+ as substiute for CIW Associate
    test? In other words, if one has passed the iNet+ test, but intends to
    go on the CIW track, does he still has to take the CIW Associate test?

    Thanks.
    Dung Ping

    Da Lei, Oct 14, 2005
  5. Da Lei

    JohnO Guest

    > The i-Net+ is virtually useless. Take it from one who has the cert. Sorry

    It does do one thing...gives you a taste of the subjects a one-man-band web
    designer needs to know. But otherwise, that cert's days are numbered.

    -John O

    JohnO, Oct 21, 2005