    take the picture. The photos are coming out a little blurry. I thought
    the Image Stabilizer was supposed to prevent this?

    , Sep 14, 2008

  2. Pat Guest

    On Sep 13, 8:18 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > I am taking some test photos with my A650 to see if the Image
    > Stabilizer works correctly. I have turned off flash, and am taking
    > pictures of books. I am purposely moving the camera slightly while I
    > take the picture. The photos are coming out a little blurry. I thought
    > the Image Stabilizer was supposed to prevent this?

    No, on two counts.

    First, stabilization is stops minor movements that you are not trying
    to make. It is small movements. It isn't big enough to go against
    your muscles. Well, maybe a steadicam could, but that's about the
    only way to do it.

    Second, there's a better thing for stabilization when shooting books.
    It's called a tripod.

    (FYI, if you use a tripod, shut your stabilization off).

    Pat, Sep 14, 2008