    actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
    win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    Thanks
    kiwinebula, Nov 10, 2006

  2. kiwinebula

    Cima Guest

    On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

    >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
    >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    >actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
    >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.
    >
    >Thanks

    IE7 doesn't run on Win98.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/about/sysreqs/default.mspx
    Cima, Nov 10, 2006

  3. kiwinebula

    kiwinebula Guest

    "Cima" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:
    >
    > >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to

    performance,
    > >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    > >actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
    > >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.
    > >
    > >Thanks

    > IE7 doesn't run on Win98.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/about/sysreqs/default.mspx

    Shit, should have realised that, thanks for pointing it out.
    kiwinebula, Nov 10, 2006
  4. kiwinebula

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula>
    exclaimed:

    >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
    >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    >actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
    >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    IE7 won't work on Win98.

    FWIW, I've actually found it to be a little quicker at rendering
    pages.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 10, 2006
  5. On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

    >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
    >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    >actually tried out both would tell me.

    So youi have not actually tried it and are already making remarks
    about speed?

    IE7 is on a "normal" system (WinXP,512 Mb RAM,minimum 2 GHz CPU)
    definitely faster in rendering webpages.

    > Bearing in mind that i am running
    >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
    will not run on Win98.

    >Thanks

    Sure! ;)
    Christian Grams, Nov 10, 2006
  6. kiwinebula

    kiwinebula Guest

    "Christian Grams" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:
    >
    > >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to

    performance,
    > >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    > >actually tried out both would tell me.

    > So youi have not actually tried it and are already making remarks
    > about speed?
    >
    > IE7 is on a "normal" system (WinXP,512 Mb RAM,minimum 2 GHz CPU)
    > definitely faster in rendering webpages.
    >
    > > Bearing in mind that i am running
    > >win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    > Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
    > will not run on Win98.
    >

    > >Thanks
    > >

    > Sure! ;)

    What drugs are you on, whatever they are they are not doing you any good.
    kiwinebula, Nov 10, 2006
  7. kiwinebula

    Chris Lim Guest

    Christian Grams wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:
    >
    > >Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
    > >is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    > >actually tried out both would tell me.

    > So youi have not actually tried it and are already making remarks
    > about speed?

    Huh? He/she was asking a question, not making a comment. Leaving out
    the question mark probably didn't help, but it was still obvious.
    Chris Lim, Nov 10, 2006
  8. kiwinebula

    juicyjuice Guest

    Christian Grams wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

    > Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
    > will not run on Win98.

    Maybe next time you should check each post in the thread and you would find
    that 2 other people have already stated this fact, and with less arrogance
    than you.
    juicyjuice, Nov 10, 2006
  9. On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:09:31 +1300, "juicyjuice" <>
    wrote:

    >Christian Grams wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

    >> Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
    >> will not run on Win98.
    >>

    >Maybe next time you should check each post in the thread and you would find
    >that 2 other people have already stated this fact, and with less arrogance
    >than you.

    LOL diito for you as well. :)

    Funny how people can quickly get up the palm tree. I only state the
    obvisious. :)
    Christian Grams, Nov 10, 2006
  10. kiwinebula

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:09:31 +1300, "juicyjuice" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Christian Grams wrote:
    > >> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, "kiwinebula" <kiwi@nebula> wrote:

    > >> Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
    > >> will not run on Win98.
    > >>

    > >Maybe next time you should check each post in the thread and you would

    find
    > >that 2 other people have already stated this fact, and with less

    arrogance
    > >than you.
    > >

    > LOL diito for you as well. :)
    >
    > Funny how people can quickly get up the palm tree. I only state the
    > obvisious. :)

    Good you can laugh at yourself then because you were the first one up the
    palm tree.
    kiwinebula, Nov 10, 2006
  11. On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, kiwinebula wrote:

    > Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
    > is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    > actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
    > win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    M$IE has been "optimised" for a minimum of a P4 processor with a minimum
    of 2gigs of RAM.

    It is the browser intended to chug along with the rest of M$ Windows
    Vi$ta, and is designed to make M$ Windows Vi$ta look fast when in reality
    it is a low dog.

    Why bother with it if you don't have to and given that there are other
    superior browsers freely available?

    Ruidh Bhab et Criem

    --
    Jeffrey Jaffe, Novell CTO: "What many people are discovering is that the
    Linux desktop works just fine."
    Ruidh Bhab et Criem, Nov 10, 2006
  12. On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:00:12 +0100, Christian Grams wrote:

    > Maybe next time you should first check what you are talking about. IE7
    > will not run on Win98.

    Yet another reason not to use M$IE7.

    Ruidh Bhab et Criem

    Ruidh Bhab et Criem, Nov 10, 2006
  13. kiwinebula

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:19:37 +1300, Ruidh Bhab et Criem
    <> exclaimed:

    >On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, kiwinebula wrote:
    >
    >> Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to performance,
    >> is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if someone who has
    >> actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in mind that i am running
    >> win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    >M$IE has been "optimised" for a minimum of a P4 processor with a minimum
    >of 2gigs of RAM.
    >
    >It is the browser intended to chug along with the rest of M$ Windows
    >Vi$ta, and is designed to make M$ Windows Vi$ta look fast when in reality
    >it is a low dog.
    >
    >Why bother with it if you don't have to and given that there are other
    >superior browsers freely available?
    >

    >Ruidh Bhab et Criem

    The name has changed, but the bigotry is still there, MaHogany.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 10, 2006
  14. kiwinebula

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ruidh Bhab et Criem wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, kiwinebula wrote:
    >
    > > Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to
    > > performance, is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if
    > > someone who has actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in
    > > mind that i am running win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    > M$IE has been "optimised" for a minimum of a P4 processor with a
    > minimum of 2gigs of RAM.
    >
    > It is the browser intended to chug along with the rest of M$ Windows
    > Vi$ta, and is designed to make M$ Windows Vi$ta look fast when in
    > reality it is a low dog.
    >
    > Why bother with it if you don't have to and given that there are other
    > superior browsers freely available?
    >

    > Ruidh Bhab et Criem

    Oh God! One of the nym-shifting cretins has gone and nym-shifted again.
    Which one is it this time? I recognise the 'style' but not well enough to be
    sure, not that I care that much. Oh well, a new addition to the killfile.
    --
    Shaun.

    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"
    Albert Einstein
    ~misfit~, Nov 11, 2006
  15. kiwinebula

    juicyjuice Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Ruidh Bhab et Criem wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:22:42 +1300, kiwinebula wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tab browsing has finally arrived on i.e 7 but at what cost to
    >>> performance, is it slower than i.e 6, would really appreciate it if
    >>> someone who has actually tried out both would tell me. Bearing in
    >>> mind that i am running win98se and a p3 550MHz with 256Mb ram.

    >> M$IE has been "optimised" for a minimum of a P4 processor with a
    >> minimum of 2gigs of RAM.
    >>
    >> It is the browser intended to chug along with the rest of M$ Windows
    >> Vi$ta, and is designed to make M$ Windows Vi$ta look fast when in
    >> reality it is a low dog.
    >>
    >> Why bother with it if you don't have to and given that there are
    >> other superior browsers freely available?
    >>

    >> Ruidh Bhab et Criem

    > Oh God! One of the nym-shifting cretins has gone and nym-shifted
    > again. Which one is it this time? I recognise the 'style' but not
    > well enough to be sure, not that I care that much. Oh well, a new
    > addition to the killfile.

    Its MaHog. I would say most people have him kill-filed. so he had to change
    his nick, waste of time tho, as his posts still don't show for me even with
    the new nick change.
    juicyjuice, Nov 11, 2006
  16. kiwinebula

    ~misfit~ Guest

    juicyjuice wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > Oh God! One of the nym-shifting cretins has gone and nym-shifted
    > > again. Which one is it this time? I recognise the 'style' but not
    > > well enough to be sure, not that I care that much. Oh well, a new
    > > addition to the killfile.

    > Its MaHog. I would say most people have him kill-filed. so he had to
    > change his nick, waste of time tho, as his posts still don't show for
    > me even with the new nick change.

    Ahh, ok, thanks.

    Sad bastard, having to change his nick so he can inflict himself on people
    who obviously don't want anything to do with him.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Nov 11, 2006