Is he on the right track to pass?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by gripchimp, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. gripchimp

    gripchimp Guest

    Hi there,

    I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my partner.
    He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
    guide book, 1000+ page monster :) He knows it cover to cover and
    understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
    him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
    problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
    about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
    Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
    the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
    again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything on
    the guide.
    My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
    certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
    to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
    until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the Exam
    Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
    half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that it
    seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!

    Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
    to waste £200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
    really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need to
    know :)

    Thanks very much in advance for helping.

    Grippeh.

    gripchimp, Jun 8, 2005

  2. gripchimp

    Pat Guest

    gripchimp wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my partner.
    > He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
    > guide book, 1000+ page monster :) He knows it cover to cover and
    > understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
    > him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
    > problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
    > about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
    > Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
    > the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
    > again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything on
    > the guide.
    > My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
    > certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
    > to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
    > until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the Exam
    > Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
    > half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that it
    > seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!
    >
    > Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
    > to waste £200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
    > really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need to
    > know :)
    >
    > Thanks very much in advance for helping.
    >
    > Grippeh.

    If he knows Mike Meyers cover-to-cover, I'm sure he'll do fine. If he
    took it right now, he'd probably pass. It never hurts to overstudy though.

    Pat, Jun 8, 2005

  3. gripchimp

    rainman Guest

    rainman, Jun 8, 2005
  4. gripchimp

    leno bob Guest

    testking and your book should do just fine

    leno bob, Jun 8, 2005
  5. gripchimp

    lizzieb Guest

    Wow I am impressed! I did mean to read it cover to cover but didn't quite do
    it all but still passed. So he will definately be fine.

    Liz

    lizzieb, Jun 8, 2005
  6. gripchimp

    Jamco Guest

    I'll agree with the group, I used Mike Meyes, learned most of it, then got
    the exam cram guide. Kind of freaked out when I saw how much more indepth
    it went...learned all of it anyways, then wrote the test...
    I then complete regreted spending all that time studying, the test was a
    joke

    Jamco, Jun 8, 2005
  7. gripchimp

    rainman Guest