    time like crap. Garish, is the right word. Until software comes
    around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    RichA, Oct 23, 2009

  2. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > Honestly, I think it is. Most of it we see is GARBAGE. Pretty, hyper-
    > colourful pictures that one person pointed out are probably done
    > mostly by people who live under cloudy skies and yearn for vibrancy.
    > A handful of pictures might look ok, otherwise, it looks 99% of the
    > time like crap. Garish, is the right word. Until software comes
    > around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    > fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    And we know that all of the images you create when you're not bitching
    about plastic cameras are true works of art.

    Fucktard!

    Mr. Strat, Oct 23, 2009

  3. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Honestly, I think it is.

    1) Nobody gives a shit what you think.
    2) I doubt that anybody believes that you're being honest.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 23, 2009
  4. RichA

    ransley Guest

    On Oct 22, 9:38 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > Honestly, I think it is.  Most of it we see is GARBAGE.  Pretty, hyper-
    > colourful pictures that one person pointed out are probably done
    > mostly by people who live under cloudy skies and yearn for vibrancy.
    > A handful of pictures might look ok, otherwise, it looks 99% of the
    > time like crap.  Garish, is the right word.  Until software comes
    > around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    > fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    I just used it on a scene I could not get even exposure, Ive done
    about 6 hdr and didnt push any setting, all came out great, better
    than I expected. I think pushing settings makes them unreal.

    ransley, Oct 23, 2009
  5. RichA

    abo mahab Guest

    10 Ways of Developing Love for Allah

    Adapted from Shaykh Ibn Qayyims (rah) Madarij-us-Saalikeen

    Shaykh Ibn al-Qayyim (rah) says: The reason which cause mahabbah
    (love) of Allaah to develop, are ten:

    First: Reciting the Quraan, reflecting and understanding its meaning
    and its intent.

    Second: Drawing closer to Allaah the Most High through optional deeds,
    after fulfilling the obligatory duties.

    Third: Being continuous in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allaah, with the
    tongue, the heart and the limbs under all circumstances. The more
    continuant the dhikr, the more muhabbah develops and intensifies.

    Fourth: Giving precedence to what Allaah loves over personal loves,
    when being overcome by desires.

    Fifth: Contemplating and deliberating over the Names and Attributes of
    Allaah.

    Sixth: Recognizing and remembering the favors and bounties of Allaah
    both manifest and hidden.

    Seventh: To be humble and submissive before Allaah and this is the
    greatest matter.

    Eighth: To be in seclusion reciting the Quraan, during that time in
    which Allaah descends to the lowest heaven (which is the last third of
    every night), finishing this recitation with seeking Allaahs
    forgiveness and repenting to Him.

    Ninth: To sit in the gatherings of the true and sincere lovers of
    Allaah, reaping the fruits of their speech, and not to speak except if
    there is benefit in it and that you know that such talk will increase
    you in goodness and that it will benefit others as well.

    Tenth: To stay clear of all those causes which distances the heart
    from Allaah the Mighty and Majestic.

    So these are the ten reasons which cause the person to develop true
    love for Allaah and to reach the rank of al-muhabbah, by which he
    reaches his Beloved.

    taken from The Truth

    Ref::: www.haqislam.org

    abo mahab, Oct 23, 2009
  6. RichA

    Glen Guest

    On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:38:34 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote this:

    >Honestly, I think

    I doubt the veracity of the above.
    ..

    --------------------------
    The Internet will become the
    Sacred Sanctuary for Nutters and Idiots.
    (Michel Nostradamus, December 14, 1503, July 2, 1566).
    --------------------------

    Glen, Oct 23, 2009
  7. RichA

    ransley Guest

    On Oct 23, 12:40 am, Mike Russell <>
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:48:53 -0700 (PDT), ransley wrote:
    > > On Oct 22, 9:38 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > >> Honestly, I think it is.  Most of it we see is GARBAGE.  Pretty, hyper-
    > >> colourful pictures that one person pointed out are probably done
    > >> mostly by people who live under cloudy skies and yearn for vibrancy.
    > >> A handful of pictures might look ok, otherwise, it looks 99% of the
    > >> time like crap.  Garish, is the right word.  Until software comes
    > >> around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    > >> fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    > > I just used it on a scene I could not get even exposure, Ive done
    > > about 6 hdr and didnt push any setting, all came out great, better
    > > than I expected. I think pushing settings makes them unreal.

    > I agree - the eventual judge of this, though, is not you and me, but the
    > market.  People may become accustomed to images that look "unreal".  At
    > least manipulating the dynamic range is not up there with slapping a full
    > moon in the northern sky at noon.
    >
    > Anyway, who is to say that photographs, which are artificial in the first
    > place, have any claim to being "real" in the first place?
    > --
    > Mike Russell -http://www.curvemeister.com

    What I used it on HDR made it look real, evenly exposed, which is just
    what I needed. I was photographing a house where half of it was blown
    out by sun, half was ok under trees, and bushes were just black.
    Without HDR I could not have gotten a good photo. I saw all the slider
    adjustments, I didnt use any of them.

    ransley, Oct 23, 2009
  8. RichA

    Peter Chant Guest

    John Navas wrote:

    >>time like crap. Garish, is the right word. Until software comes
    >>around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    >>fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    > Such software exists. Many HDR images are crap for the same reason many
    > non-HDR images are crap.

    I agree.

    From my limited dabblings subtlety is the key. If its obvious how it was
    done it is usually wrong.

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, Oct 23, 2009
  9. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:38:34 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    : Honestly, I think it is. Most of it we see is GARBAGE. Pretty, hyper-
    : colourful pictures that one person pointed out are probably done
    : mostly by people who live under cloudy skies and yearn for vibrancy.
    : A handful of pictures might look ok, otherwise, it looks 99% of the
    : time like crap. Garish, is the right word. Until software comes
    : around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    : fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    There's quite a lot of garish, over-Photoshopped stuff out there these days.
    Why pick on HDR?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 24, 2009
  10. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 23, 3:36 am, abo mahab <> wrote:
    > 10 Ways of Developing Love for Allah

    1. Be a pedophile, like Allah.

    RichA, Oct 25, 2009
  11. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Oct 23, 3:36 am, abo mahab <> wrote:
    >> 10 Ways of Developing Love for Allah

    >1. Be a pedophile, like Allah.

    So in addition to all your other faults, you're a religious bigot as well.

    Do you molest children like good Catholics?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 25, 2009
  12. RichA

    Glen Guest

    On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:09:48 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote this:

    > <TRIPE SNIPPED>

    Plastic plastic plastic plastic plastic plastic plastic

    Glen, Oct 25, 2009
  13. RichA

    Miles Bader Guest

    RichA <> writes:
    > Honestly, I think it is. Most of it we see is GARBAGE. Pretty, hyper-
    > colourful pictures that one person pointed out are probably done
    > mostly by people who live under cloudy skies and yearn for vibrancy.
    > A handful of pictures might look ok, otherwise, it looks 99% of the
    > time like crap. Garish, is the right word. Until software comes
    > around that can render a natural-looking HDR'd image with minimal
    > fuss, HDR will look like a clown show.

    Huh? "HDR" is not an abomination, it's a technical tool, which allows
    the photographer to record more information so that he has more
    flexibility in post-processing. There certainly exists software which
    is perfectly capable of doing nice-looking natural tonemapping
    (and you don't need to use _any_ clever algorithms, you can tonemap
    using global brightness/contrast adjustments and hard clipping if you
    want -- just like your camera would have done without HDR...).

    The real problem is a social one: People somehow have decided that they
    like these freakish renderings, and intentionally seek them out. It's a fad.
    It'll die out, just give it time.

    But HDR the tool is here to stay.

    -Miles

    --
    Saa, shall we dance? (from a dance-class advertisement)

    Miles Bader, Oct 25, 2009
  14. RichA

    Miles Bader Guest

    John Navas <> writes:
    >>But HDR the tool is here to stay.

    > Not necessarily -- HDR is a tool to overcome range limitations of
    > current sensors, and because less useful as sensors improve.

    I don't mean "HDR" as in "take N pics and combine them", I mean "HDR" as
    in "high-dynamic range", in the original sense (remember, HDR as a
    concept predates its use in photography). As sensors become better, HDR
    results will be done with a single snap, instead of the current clumsy
    multi-snap methods commonly used today.

    Of course, as HDR formats become the norm, the term "HDR" will probably
    fall by the wayside -- no need to have a special term to refer to the
    normal state -- but the formats will continue.

    -Miles

    --
    Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without
    individual responsibility.

    Miles Bader, Oct 25, 2009