  1. Guest

    is google groups posting to usenet down?
    , May 17, 2007

  2. john sumner Guest

    "" <> wrote in
    news::

    > is google groups posting to usenet down?

    That if it is true would be so wonderful, would force those dumbass people
    to get a real ISP and get a real news reader .
    john sumner, May 17, 2007

  3. Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-05-17, john sumner <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote in
    >
    >> is google groups posting to usenet down?
    >>

    > That if it is true would be so wonderful, would force those dumbass people
    > to get a real ISP and get a real news reader .

    I suspect there's just a lag between posts being made from Google and
    those posts actually appearing in the Google web pages. Recently there has
    been very little lag, I understand, but in the past it could take hours
    even if Google posts were being propagated to usenet almost instantly.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 17, 2007
  4. Evan Platt Guest

    On 16 May 2007 22:55:02 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >is google groups posting to usenet down?

    Uhhh yes, it is.
    Evan Platt, May 17, 2007
  5. Frosty Guest

    On 16 May 2007 22:55:02 -0700 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "" <>, intended to
    write something intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >is google groups posting to usenet down?

    We can but hope.
    Frosty, May 17, 2007
  6. wrote:
    > is google groups posting to usenet down?

    Must be. I can't see your post...

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, May 17, 2007
  7. sittingduck Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Must be. I can't see your post...

    > Killing all posts from Google Groups

    You realize that you replied directly to a google post?
    sittingduck, May 17, 2007
  8. sittingduck wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Must be. I can't see your post...

    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups

    > You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

    Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
    "his" or "her" or "its".

    No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
    override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
    with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
    (backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
    that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  9. sittingduck Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
    > "his" or "her" or "its".
    >
    > No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
    > override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
    > with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
    > (backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
    > that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

    So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

    I didn't see any posts but yours and the googlers at first, (get parent from
    your post) but upon reconstructing the thread just now, I see some replies
    above yours. So I will assume you jumped up the thread from the replies. :)
    sittingduck, May 18, 2007
  10. Guest

    sittingduck <> wrote:

    >Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Must be. I can't see your post...

    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups

    >You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

    Can't believe he replied to a GGer. :)

    --
    Psychologist offers advice on surviving a vicious Internet ass-kicking
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2810621
  11. Mike Easter Guest

    sittingduck wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All.

    > So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

    That's who I tho't about.

    Now that AC has gone off into his own little posting world, Blinky is
    going to take up Alan-responding to the posts he doesn't read/download
    :)

    Blinky, maybe you can borrow AC's slrn-pull gizmo for 'reading/replying
    without downloading' since we miss Alan's non-newsreader style so much.

    Not.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 18, 2007
  12. sittingduck wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
    >> "his" or "her" or "its".
    >>
    >> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
    >> override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
    >> with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
    >> (backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
    >> that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

    > So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

    No. I saw the OP's text quoted by someone else. I went to the parent
    article (the OP's article). I replied.

    > I didn't see any posts but yours and the googlers at first, (get parent from
    > your post) but upon reconstructing the thread just now, I see some replies
    > above yours. So I will assume you jumped up the thread from the replies. :)

    That's what I said I did in my first reply to you.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  13. Mike Easter wrote:
    > sittingduck wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All.

    >> So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

    > That's who I tho't about.

    And "only read[ing] the header" has nothing to do with what I did.

    I read a post. It quoted the Google Groper. I hit the key combo for
    "read parent article", which reveals even killed (-9999) posts. I
    replied to that article.

    That has nothing to do with "only read[ing] headers".

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  14. wrote:
    > sittingduck <> wrote:
    >
    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Must be. I can't see your post...

    >>> Killing all posts from Google Groups

    >>You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

    > Can't believe he replied to a GGer. :)

    1. I didn't offer help. :)

    2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why
    my reply does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm
    tired of repeating something so simple.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  15. sittingduck Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > 2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why
    > my reply does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm
    > tired of repeating something so simple.

    Then why bother? Why are you so worried? Anyone with knowledge of newsreaders
    knows killing posts doesn't mean you never read them. Did you not notice the
    <G> when I made the AC joke? I thought you loved pointing out the obvious?
    You now tire of it? :)
    sittingduck, May 18, 2007
  16. sittingduck wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> 2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why my reply
    >> does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm tired of repeating
    >> something so simple.

    > Then why bother? Why are you so worried? Anyone with knowledge of
    > newsreaders

    I didn't bother, with muy reply to him. I referred him to the two posts
    I wrote *before* I tired of writing them.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007