    from insiders & the government, for example,
    but is Google Drive hidden, from the masses?

    marc

    Swan Black, May 2, 2014

  2. Swan Black

    Paul Guest

    Swan Black wrote:
    > I like the convenience of using Google Drive,
    > but I hesitate to put anything on it
    > that I wouldn't want someone to see.
    > If it's encrypted, I'm not too concerned.
    >
    > Now, I assume nothing on the WWW is 100% secure,
    > from insiders & the government, for example,
    > but is Google Drive hidden, from the masses?
    >
    > marc

    I'm speechless.

    *******

    Here's an idea. Encrypt the data *before* you upload.
    Keep a decrypting tool on each mobile device you own.

    Even that offers no guarantees, but at least you tried
    your best to keep the data safe.

    Example:

    http://superuser.com/questions/417654/truecrypt-container-in-google-drive

    Paul