Is Gateway Load Balancing Protocol the Answer

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Scottmc9, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. Scottmc9

    Scottmc9 Guest

    I was planning to implement HSRP load-sharing of two full T1 MPLS
    circuits--one on each of two HSRP routers. However, I don't want to
    have to change default gateways on client workstations and servers in
    order to balance traffic.

    Would the use of Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (available with
    12.2(T) enable me to leave all workstations and servers with the same
    default gateway as they currently have and yet also enable load-sharing
    of traffic from all workstations and servers across the two T1's?
     
    Scottmc9, Jun 26, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Scottmc9

    David West Guest

    Yep. Works great. GLBP is only slightly harder to set up than HSRP. It's
    a lot more tunable than HSRP too, you can do cool stuff like weight it
    so that one router takes 60% of the load and the other 40%, etc...

    -DW

    Scottmc9 wrote:
    > I was planning to implement HSRP load-sharing of two full T1 MPLS
    > circuits--one on each of two HSRP routers. However, I don't want to
    > have to change default gateways on client workstations and servers in
    > order to balance traffic.
    >
    > Would the use of Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (available with
    > 12.2(T) enable me to leave all workstations and servers with the same
    > default gateway as they currently have and yet also enable load-sharing
    > of traffic from all workstations and servers across the two T1's?
    >
     
    David West, Jun 27, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. news.comcast.giganews.com

    Protocol Chart - Learn how to use a Protocol Analyzer

    news.comcast.giganews.com, Aug 21, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,859
    news.comcast.giganews.com
    Aug 21, 2004
  2. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,347
    Vincent C Jones
    Nov 21, 2005
  3. Zadkin

    Wrong answer equals to a blank answer or not?

    Zadkin, Jun 23, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    771
    Cerebrus
    Jun 27, 2006
  4. packethief
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,634
    Andrey Tarasov
    Mar 13, 2007
  5. palas_123
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,104
    donjohnston
    Dec 28, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page