Is GamePlanet down for anyone else?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jamie Kahn Genet, Oct 26, 2008.

  1. <http://www.gameplanet.co.nz> loads nothing as of 3:20am :-(

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Oct 26, 2008

  2. In article <1ipg9da.1q7v79k1um85roN%>,
    says...
    > <http://www.gameplanet.co.nz> loads nothing as of 3:20am :-(

    They have rebranded themselves as 'mighty ape'. An unfortunate name
    change if ever I've seen one. I don't feel like I want to buy software
    from a 300pound gorilla.

    www.gpstore.co.nz still loads and redirects to www.mightyape.co.nz

    hope that helps -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Oct 26, 2008

  3. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Cima Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:11:16 +1300, Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    >In article <1ipg9da.1q7v79k1um85roN%>,
    > says...
    >> <http://www.gameplanet.co.nz> loads nothing as of 3:20am :-(
    >>

    >They have rebranded themselves as 'mighty ape'. An unfortunate name
    >change if ever I've seen one. I don't feel like I want to buy software
    >from a 300pound gorilla.
    >
    >www.gpstore.co.nz still loads and redirects to www.mightyape.co.nz

    I think it's just the store that's re-branded. And yeah, Mighty Ape is a highly
    naff name! With a name like that, will they go the same way as the old
    flyingpig.co.nz?

    Cima, Oct 26, 2008
  4. In article <>,
    says...

    > I think it's just the store that's re-branded. And yeah, Mighty Ape is a highly
    > naff name! With a name like that, will they go the same way as the old
    > flyingpig.co.nz?

    FlyingPig was funny, MightyApe isn't.

    But on the other hand, GP've been successfully running the store and the
    online store for many years now, I expect they have the resources, the
    infrastructure and the knowledge, flyingpig ran into strife with
    insufficient resources i.i.r.c.

    What pisses me of is this new thing of 'powerselling' that they're
    doing: "Get this item at xx% off but only if you buy it today!" trying
    to stampede people into making impulse purchases. All it's achieved is
    to piss me off to the degree where I've unsubbed from their mailouts.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Oct 26, 2008