    don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    my DVD's without leaving any traces??

    Thanks in Advance!

    Ron in Houston TX, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Ron in Houston TX

    Justin Guest

    Ron in Houston TX wrote on [27 Feb 2004 11:01:23 -0800]:
    > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > my DVD's without leaving any traces??
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!

    Wrong group dick

    Justin, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Ron in Houston TX

    Ron Guest

    "Ron in Houston TX" <> wrote in message
    > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > my DVD's without leaving any traces??
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!

    Try DVDRipper.com and DVDShrink.com. Both have downloads and info.
    Also might wanna try alt.video.dvdr for more info.

    Ron

    Ron, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Ron in Houston TX

    der-rudi Guest

    "Ron in Houston TX" <> schreef in bericht
    > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > my DVD's without leaving any traces??

    clone-dvd?????? (+ anydvd) !!!!!! perfect!!!!!!

    der-rudi, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Ron in Houston TX

    misfit Guest

    DVDshrink
    way better

    misfit, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Ron in Houston TX

    sam Guest

    On 27 Feb 2004 11:01:23 -0800, (Ron in Houston TX) wrote:

    >I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    >play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    >just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    >don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    >my DVD's without leaving any traces??
    >
    >Thanks in Advance!

    CloneDVD is good (run anyDVD in background) and will preserve menus even when you're
    omitting selections from the original.
    DVDshrink is also very good and allows you to selectively compress any item so e.g. main
    film at 60% and all the peripheral stuff at 40% to save space. However, you can't
    maintain menu structure on DVDshrink unless you clone the entire DVD (which would of
    course mean keeping your 'warning screen')

    sam, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Ron in Houston TX

    bill Guest

    You can remove that warning using 321 gone program , free off of Google

    bill, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Ron in Houston TX

    Tama Mativa Guest

    DVDShrink

    get it and some good guides from here www.dvdshrink.info

    Tama Mativa, Feb 28, 2004
  9. > However, you can't
    > maintain menu structure on DVDshrink unless you clone the entire DVD (which would of
    > course mean keeping your 'warning screen')

    I'd like to clone entire DVD's without that warning screen so is
    DVDripper better for what I want to accomplish?? I can see DVDshrink
    is not what I'm looking for...I hope I understood correctly....

    Thanks!

    Ron in Houston TX, Feb 28, 2004
  10. Ron in Houston TX

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > my DVD's without leaving any traces??

    You probably can, but the bit on top of the disc where it says "DVD-R" or
    "Recordable disc" is a bit of a giveaway...

    Hugh Jorgan, Feb 28, 2004
  11. Ron in Houston TX

    sam Guest

    On 27 Feb 2004 20:42:24 -0800, (Ron in Houston TX) wrote:

    >> However, you can't
    >> maintain menu structure on DVDshrink unless you clone the entire DVD (which would of
    >> course mean keeping your 'warning screen')

    >I'd like to clone entire DVD's without that warning screen so is
    >DVDripper better for what I want to accomplish?? I can see DVDshrink
    >is not what I'm looking for...I hope I understood correctly....
    >
    >Thanks!

    With DVDshrink, if you attempt to leave out anything, you will lose the menu structure.
    This isn't necesarily a problem since all dvd players have 'goto' commands which will
    navigate anywhere on the dvd. However this does fail with certain features e.g.
    collections of still shots which require key navigation.

    I can only tell you about cloneDVD - apart from DVDshrink the only one I've used - which
    can keep the menu structures for you even if you decide to leave out, say, the warning
    screen. However, those warning screens are organised differently on different DVDs and
    sometimes I've found it quite impossible to locate these and leave them out. It's not
    perfect.

    sam, Feb 28, 2004
  12. Ron in Houston TX

    Skid Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Ron in Houston TX wrote on [27 Feb 2004 11:01:23 -0800]:
    > > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > > my DVD's without leaving any traces??
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance!

    > Wrong group dick

    Does that make you the right group dick?

    Skid, Feb 28, 2004
  13. Ron in Houston TX

    doS Guest

    Th warning screen Sam was refering to was the orignal warning on your
    original dvd..not the 321 warning screen

    doS, Feb 28, 2004
  14. Ron in Houston TX

    luminos Guest

    > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > my DVD's without leaving any traces??
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!

    The company had hoped that this warning message would save them from legal
    issues. It didn't. The original program has been declared illegal and the
    ability to rip has been removed ..

    luminos, Feb 28, 2004
  15. Ron in Houston TX

    Rob Guest

    No ... the 3-2-1 product inserts it's own warning screen.

    Use dvdshrink instead - it has much more power and options, and it's free.

    Rob, Feb 29, 2004
  16. Ron in Houston TX

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:52:27 +0000, sam <> Gave us:

    Alt.video.dvd is the wrong group for this shit.

    Original poster: Learn how to refrain from cross posting your
    retarded rip it questions in non-related groups, asswipe.

    DarkMatter, Feb 29, 2004
  17. Ron in Houston TX

    laughingalot Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:01:25 -0800, DarkMatter
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:52:27 +0000, sam <> Gave us:
    >

    > Alt.video.dvd is the wrong group for this shit.
    >
    > Original poster: Learn how to refrain from cross posting your
    >retarded rip it questions in non-related groups, asswipe.

    I don't know about the other's that have posted to this group on this topic but the best
    thing about cross-posting is that it obviously annoys the hell out of you! I can't tell
    you how much pleasure I get from your evident indignation. May you blow all your
    blood-vessels.

    laughingalot, Feb 29, 2004
  18. "Ron in Houston TX" <> wrote in message
    > I was succesful making back up copies with "DVD X Copy" but when I
    > play the duplicate a scary WARNING message appears on the screen. It's
    > just copyright stuff that vanishes in about 5 seconds but I still
    > don't like it. Are there any other programs that could help me clone
    > my DVD's without leaving any traces??
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!

    There are no other options, 321 Studios has a monopoly on this
    copyright-law-breaking empire and it could be forced to remove the CSS
    breaking portions of it's software. Oh, wait it already has done that!

    It appears as if there is no way to copy a DVD anymore, and it is impossible
    to copy a copy...

    Anonymous Joe, Feb 29, 2004
  19. Ron in Houston TX

    Rick Pali Guest

    "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote

    > There are no other options, 321 Studios has a
    > monopoly on this copyright-law-breaking empire

    Weird because I've made copies and I've never used any 321 Studio software.

    > It appears as if there is no way to copy a DVD anymore,
    > and it is impossible to copy a copy...

    I've done that too, without difficulty.

    Rick.
    -+---

    http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

    Rick Pali, Feb 29, 2004
  20. Ron in Houston TX

    fake name Guest

    Rick Pali wrote:
    > "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote
    >

    >>There are no other options, 321 Studios has a
    >>monopoly on this copyright-law-breaking empire

    > Weird because I've made copies and I've never used any 321 Studio software.
    >

    >>It appears as if there is no way to copy a DVD anymore,
    >>and it is impossible to copy a copy...

    > I've done that too, without difficulty.
    >
    > Rick.

    Anonymous Joe was just being sarcastic.