    plus files, at times.)

    Just wanted feedback. It's almost $25 cheaper than my cable modem.
    Thanks.
    jmDesktop, Jul 6, 2007

  2. jmDesktop

    JD Cantafio Guest

    jmDesktop wrote:

    > I was thinking about getting DSL lite (13x times dialup) and dumping
    > my cable modem. I know cable is faster, but...
    >
    > I surf online
    > I administer web sites and sometimes build them, back them up (15MB
    > plus files, at times.)
    >
    > Just wanted feedback. It's almost $25 cheaper than my cable modem.
    > Thanks.

    The Lite versions of xDSL and cable which I've seen are pretty darn slow
    compared to even 3Mbit service.

    Call Comcast sales and see if they happen to have any current
    promotions.

    Also see http://broadbandoffers.com/
    JD Cantafio, Jul 6, 2007

  3. jmDesktop

    Mike Easter Guest

    jmDesktop wrote:
    > I was thinking about getting DSL lite (

    > It's almost $25 cheaper than my cable modem.

    Once you are spoiled to online connectivity speed, it is hard to imagine
    how bad slow is and what 83¢ a day is really worth and what it isn't.

    There are some quantum leaps in life. Connectivity is either fast
    enough or it isn't. During the innumerable painful instants which
    happen countless times per day during which you are briefly thinking
    during those many instants, "It isn't fast enough." it is like so many
    water torture drops dripping on your forehead in the torture chamber.

    But, then, if you haven't been in the Chinese Water Torture insanity
    treatment yet, then you don't know what it is like.

    Or you can pay your 83¢ a day for the chamber's freedom. Your choice.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 6, 2007