Is DID coverage expanding?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Kyler Laird, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    I've been waiting for a long time to get DID service here in
    Indiana (765). It seems like this is a dead zone except for
    services like Packet8 and Vonage.

    A couple of services have statements about having much better
    coverage by the end of 2004. We're getting close. Does that
    mean I might be able to get decent local DID service soon or
    is that just some marketing jibberish that will probably be
    there next year too?

    I'm not asking for specifics (but I will be thrilled if
    someone does tell me of SIP/IAX2 DID service here!). I'm
    just curious if everyone in the VoIP industry is gearing up
    for big expansion or waiting on legislation or whatever. (I
    want to ditch my landline so if it's unlikely I'll get DID
    service soon I'm inclined to just switch my number to a GSM
    gateway.)

    (Incidentally, I found 765 listed by RNKVoIP but when I
    called I discovered that no one is reselling it yet.)

    Thank you.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Kyler Laird <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I've been waiting for a long time to get DID service here in
    > Indiana (765). It seems like this is a dead zone except for
    > services like Packet8 and Vonage.
    >
    > A couple of services have statements about having much better
    > coverage by the end of 2004. We're getting close. Does that
    > mean I might be able to get decent local DID service soon or
    > is that just some marketing jibberish that will probably be
    > there next year too?
    >
    > I'm not asking for specifics (but I will be thrilled if
    > someone does tell me of SIP/IAX2 DID service here!). I'm
    > just curious if everyone in the VoIP industry is gearing up
    > for big expansion or waiting on legislation or whatever. (I
    > want to ditch my landline so if it's unlikely I'll get DID
    > service soon I'm inclined to just switch my number to a GSM
    > gateway.)
    >
    > (Incidentally, I found 765 listed by RNKVoIP but when I
    > called I discovered that no one is reselling it yet.)
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > --kyler

    Check out:

    http://www.voiptelco.net