    off. I just couldn't get a call to go through. I can't think of anything
    that's stopping the show except Comcast. Could there be another reason?
    Thanks.

    M.L., Aug 5, 2008

  2. M.L. <> wrote:
    > I was successfully using my Voicestick voip to call out when I had AT&T dsl.
    > However, now that I've switched to a wireless LAN using Comcast, I can't
    > make my outbound calls with my Voicestick softphone. It gives me a code
    > 12002 timeout error when I try to authenticate.
    >
    > I've tried connecting with my software firewall to allow, and with it
    > completely turned off. I tried port-forwarding the recommended Voicestick
    > ports to my computer while my software firewall was off. I finally tried
    > putting my computer in the router's DMZ with my software firewall turned
    > off. I just couldn't get a call to go through. I can't think of anything
    > that's stopping the show except Comcast. Could there be another reason?
    > Thanks.

    Comcast and 3rd party VoIP works just fine. You almost certainly have your
    router and/or adapter (stick) configured incorrectly. Can you hook that
    "VoiceStick" directly to your cable modem [or is it a USB bit that connects to
    a PC}?

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Religion is a crutch, but that's okay... humanity is a cripple.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 5, 2008

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 5, 2008
  4. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >> I was successfully using my Voicestick voip to call out when I had AT&T
    >> dsl.
    >> However, now that I've switched to a wireless LAN using Comcast, I can't
    >> make my outbound calls with my Voicestick softphone. It gives me a code
    >> 12002 timeout error when I try to authenticate.
    >>
    >> I've tried connecting with my software firewall to allow, and with it
    >> completely turned off. I tried port-forwarding the recommended Voicestick
    >> ports to my computer while my software firewall was off. I finally tried
    >> putting my computer in the router's DMZ with my software firewall turned
    >> off. I just couldn't get a call to go through. I can't think of anything
    >> that's stopping the show except Comcast. Could there be another reason?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Comcast and 3rd party VoIP works just fine. You almost certainly have
    > your
    > router and/or adapter (stick) configured incorrectly. Can you hook that
    > "VoiceStick" directly to your cable modem [or is it a USB bit that
    > connects to
    > a PC}?

    I'm not using the stick, just their softphone.

    M.L., Aug 5, 2008
  5. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    M.L., Aug 5, 2008
  6. M.L. <> wrote:

    > I'm not using the stick, just their softphone.

    Firewall issue ... either on your computer or on your router ... I am about
    100% sure of this. I am 100% sure that Comcast is not blocking VoIP. They
    took enough heat with their interference with torrents to even consider
    blocking VoIP for anti-competitive reasons.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 6, 2008

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 6, 2008
  8. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >> I'm not using the stick, just their softphone.

    > Firewall issue ... either on your computer or on your router ... I am
    > about
    > 100% sure of this. I am 100% sure that Comcast is not blocking VoIP.
    > They
    > took enough heat with their interference with torrents to even consider
    > blocking VoIP for anti-competitive reasons.

    Thanks for your reply. I had already tried shutting down my router and
    software firewalls with no success. Turns out that my WinXP Telephony
    service was set to Manual. After setting it to Started->Automatic and
    rebooting, I could make outgoing calls.

    M.L., Aug 7, 2008
  9. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    M.L., Aug 7, 2008
  10. M.L.

    Dan_Roberts

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    New York
    Comcast may not be blocking, but that does not mean they are being nice

    Even if they say they won't be blocking IP Packets, they can still cause mischief. Packet loss, latency and jitter are all known VoIP issues with cable providers. Our company uses a router and software that lets us pinpoint the source of the problems.

    The problem is that there is nothing you can do about it.

    So, it is nice that Comcast says they won't block VoIP, they didn't say they were going to provide a "smooth ride" either.

    Dan_Roberts, Nov 27, 2008
  11. M.L.

    RP Guest

    I believe VoIP does not work if you are using a private IP address (NAT)
    behind your router/firewall. It could also be a software issue with your
    router. Check with your router vendor for VoIP support and NAT.

    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233646-the-trouble-with-nat-and-voip.html

    RP

    RP, Jul 30, 2009
  12. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >>I was successfully using my Voicestick voip to call out when I had AT&T
    >>dsl. However, now that I've switched to a wireless LAN using Comcast, I
    >>can't make my outbound calls with my Voicestick softphone. It gives me a
    >>code 12002 timeout error when I try to authenticate.
    >>
    >> I've tried connecting with my software firewall to allow, and with it
    >> completely turned off. I tried port-forwarding the recommended Voicestick
    >> ports to my computer while my software firewall was off. I finally tried
    >> putting my computer in the router's DMZ with my software firewall turned
    >> off. I just couldn't get a call to go through. I can't think of anything
    >> that's stopping the show except Comcast. Could there be another reason?

    >I believe VoIP does not work if you are using a private IP address (NAT)
    >behind your router/firewall. It could also be a software issue with your
    >router. Check with your router vendor for VoIP support and NAT.
    >
    >http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233646-the-trouble-with-nat-and-voip.html

    Thanks for your reply. I found the problem was that the Telephony
    Service was not turned on on my system.

    M.L., Aug 7, 2009
  13. M.L.

    Arthur

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Hi Guys,

    I am also using VoIP Service ( AXVOICE INC ) through my pc and I call my all friends and family members and i m enjoying cheapest call rates as well as excellant quality and I have never had a proplem.

    Regards
    Arthur

    Arthur, Sep 28, 2009