    Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?

    http://www.linksys.com

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 23, 2009

  2. Ramon F Herrera <> writes:
    >The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from
    >Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not
    >even mentioned in Linksys' web page.

    >Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?

    >http://www.linksys.com

    Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I
    really doubt that they are moving away from it. :)

    They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys
    products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in
    the VOIP hardware area.

    The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area.

    If you were looking for Linksys ATA's, they are here now.

    http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solu...ncing/small_business_voice_systems/index.html

    The small-end VOIP phones are now the Cisco Unified IP Phones 500 Series,
    or the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP phones.

    The linksys business class switches are also now all Cisco branded.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 23, 2009

  3. On Sep 23, 10:31 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera <> writes:
    >
    > >The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from
    > >Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not
    > >even mentioned in Linksys' web page.
    > >Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?
    > >http://www.linksys.com

    > Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I
    > really doubt that they are moving away from it. :)
    >
    > They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys
    > products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in
    > the VOIP hardware area.
    >
    > The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area..
    >
    > If you were looking for Linksys ATA's, they are here now.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/voic...
    >
    > The small-end VOIP phones are now the Cisco Unified IP Phones 500 Series,
    > or the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP phones.
    >
    > The linksys business class switches are also now all Cisco branded.

    Thanks for your reply, Doug.

    My problem is that I have acquired dozens of ATAs and VoIP gateways
    along the years. The brands have been Sipura, Linksys and Cisco. About
    25% of the AC/DC transformers/adapters have died and I have been
    unable to find out how to replace them.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 23, 2009
  4. On Sep 23, 10:31 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera <> writes:
    >
    > >The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from
    > >Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not
    > >even mentioned in Linksys' web page.
    > >Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?
    > >http://www.linksys.com

    > Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I
    > really doubt that they are moving away from it. :)
    >
    > They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys
    > products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in
    > the VOIP hardware area.
    >
    > The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area..

    I do not see the models that interest me:

    - SPA-2102 ATA
    - SPA-3102 VoIP Gateway

    In that web page...

    -Ramon

    http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solu...ice_conferencing/small_business_voice_systems

    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 23, 2009
  5. Ramon F Herrera

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <>
    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    | On Sep 23, 10:31 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    | > Ramon F Herrera <> writes:
    | >
    | > >The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from
    | > >Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not
    | > >even mentioned in Linksys' web page.
    | > >Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?
    | > >http://www.linksys.com
    | >
    | > Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I
    | > really doubt that they are moving away from it. :)
    | >
    | > They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys
    | > products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in
    | > the VOIP hardware area.
    | >
    | > The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area.
    | >

    | I do not see the models that interest me:
    |
    | - SPA-2102 ATA
    | - SPA-3102 VoIP Gateway

    SPA-2102
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/col...nt/ps10024/ps10026/data_sheet_c78-502137.html
    SPA-3102
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10027/

    Morph, Sep 23, 2009
  6. Ramon F Herrera

    bod43 Guest

    On 23 Sep, 15:50, Ramon F Herrera <> wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 10:31 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >

    > > Ramon F Herrera <> writes:

    > > >The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from
    > > >Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not
    > > >even mentioned in Linksys' web page.
    > > >Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?
    > > >http://www.linksys.com

    > > Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I
    > > really doubt that they are moving away from it. :)

    > > They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys
    > > products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in
    > > the VOIP hardware area.

    > > The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area.

    > > If you were looking for Linksys ATA's, they are here now.

    > >http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/voic...

    > > The small-end VOIP phones are now the Cisco Unified IP Phones 500 Series,
    > > or the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP phones.

    > > The linksys business class switches are also now all Cisco branded.

    > Thanks for your reply, Doug.
    >
    > My problem is that I have acquired dozens of ATAs and VoIP gateways
    > along the years. The brands have been Sipura, Linksys and Cisco. About
    > 25% of the AC/DC transformers/adapters have died and I have been
    > unable to find out how to replace them.

    A power supply is a power supply. As long as it
    provides the correct voltage, at least the same current,
    and you can arrange the *correct polarity* and size of
    connector then you are good to go.

    Some people sell "Universal" power supples.

    Here is a random one -
    http://www.uk-surplus.com/computers...l-laptop-power-adapter-120-watt/prod_354.html

    This will have a much larger current supply capacity that I
    would imagine that you need but that simply does not matter.

    Oddly, it seems to me, that unit does not seem to
    have a polarity switch, I suppose that that may have been
    standardised. Polarity is easy to check with a cheap
    multimeter.

    I would be VERY careful with the polarity since incorrect
    polarity has the potential to ruin the device.

    bod43, Sep 25, 2009