Is Chrome a bag of Worms ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Mar 16, 2013.

  1. Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.


    But it cant connect to the Internet


    ER-102

    All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet

    But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    XP.


    Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    XP..
    Frank Williams, Mar 16, 2013
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >
    > Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    > dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >
    >
    > But it cant connect to the Internet
    >
    >
    > ER-102
    >
    > All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >
    > But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    > XP.
    >
    >
    > Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    > XP..
    >

    Buy a Mac.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 16, 2013
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 17/03/13 12:43, Mutley wrote:
    > Enkidu <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ER-102
    >>>
    >>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>
    >>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>> XP.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>> XP..
    >>>

    >> Buy a Mac.

    >
    > Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..
    >

    Nor me. That's why I suggested he gets a Mac.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 17, 2013
    #3
  4. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ER-102
    >>>
    >>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>
    >>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>> XP.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>> XP..
    >>>

    >>Buy a Mac.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    >
    >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..




    Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #4
  5. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    On Sunday, 17 March 2013 13:32:06 UTC+13, Frank Williams wrote:
    <snip>
    >
    > >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    >
    > Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.


    I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at www.seniledementia.net.
    JohnO, Mar 17, 2013
    #5
  6. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ER-102
    >>>
    >>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>
    >>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>> XP.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>> XP..
    >>>

    >>Buy a Mac.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    >
    >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..



    Yes work 100% with Win7, both using the same security software, but
    that does not help if its turned off.

    Use XP most of the time due to a HP Scanner only having XP Drivers, plus
    to replace this HP scanner that was $800 would be a bit of a problem
    costs etc being one.
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #6
  7. Frank Williams

    nospam Guest

    On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:18:04 +1300, Frank Williams
    <> wrote:

    >
    >Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >XP..


    I think you need to re-format your brain.

    Exactly what are "all the suggestions" you've tried. You're not
    likely to get any help if you expect people to have to figure out what
    an "ER 102" is and then to find "all" the suggestions about what to
    do.

    Have you tried everything here
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117805

    and here
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/OJfXs4gp9-s[1-25-false]

    Try getting your brain out of dork mode and communicate like a normal
    person.
    nospam, Mar 17, 2013
    #7
  8. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 17/03/13 13:32, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Enkidu <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> ER-102
    >>>>
    >>>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>>
    >>>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>>> XP.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>>> XP..
    >>>>
    >>> Buy a Mac.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Cliff

    >>
    >> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    >
    >
    >
    > Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.
    >

    So there are at least 1000 nincompoops on the Net.

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 17, 2013
    #8
  9. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 17/03/13 17:11, EMB wrote:
    > On 17/03/2013 1:32 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    >> <> wrote:

    >
    >>>
    >>> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.
    >>

    > 1000 clueless fuckwits, most like you Woger.
    >

    Bugger. I just said exactly the same thing before reading this.

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 17, 2013
    #9
  10. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:15:59 +1300, nospam <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:18:04 +1300, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>XP..

    >
    >I think you need to re-format your brain.
    >
    >Exactly what are "all the suggestions" you've tried. You're not
    >likely to get any help if you expect people to have to figure out what
    >an "ER 102" is and then to find "all" the suggestions about what to
    >do.
    >
    >Have you tried everything here
    >http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117805
    >
    >and here
    >http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/OJfXs4gp9-s[1-25-false]
    >
    >Try getting your brain out of dork mode and communicate like a normal
    >person.



    That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
    tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #10
  11. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:26:27 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >>
    >>
    >> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>
    >>
    >> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>
    >>
    >> ER-102
    >>
    >> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>
    >> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >> XP.
    >>
    >>
    >> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >> XP..

    >
    >I have Chrome working fine on machines with XP, Win7 1 on 32-bit and three
    >on 64. I've never had it not work. Can't imagine what you've done wrong, or
    >is stuffed up on your system.
    >
    >Also can' imagine what other program "needs Chrome to work". Sounds pretty
    >dodgey and may well be what has screwed with your system. I'd avoid a
    >program with such a specific dependancy.
    >
    >geoff
    >



    Its a feature in a Android App that only works with Google

    Here is the reference

    Guess what I learned? The 'select folder' option ONLY works with Chrome.
    So I fired up Chrome, logged in on it to my phone via Airdroid, and was
    perfectly able to upload an entire directory plus subdirectories, with
    their hierarchies intact, onto my phone's SD card.

    The moral of the story: Fire up Airdroid from Chrome and try again.
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #11
  12. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:08:46 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 17/03/2013 5:23 p.m., Enkidu wrote:
    >> On 17/03/13 17:11, EMB wrote:
    >>> On 17/03/2013 1:32 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>> On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    >>>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.
    >>>>
    >>> 1000 clueless fuckwits, most like you Woger.
    >> >

    >> Bugger. I just said exactly the same thing before reading this.

    >
    >You're a tad more polite than I am though Cliff - I think my bad grace
    >is related to looking after 8,000 Wogers at work.



    Its so nice that the rest of the world can see these post and see how NZ
    is such a sick country.
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #12
  13. On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:37:41 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Sunday, 17 March 2013 13:32:06 UTC+13, Frank Williams wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    >>
    >> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.

    >
    >I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at www.seniledementia.net.




    Thanks Chaps for all your help its nice to see how helpful people can be
    here..?


    Or should I say when you all don't have a clue and are Totally useless,
    so why not attack the poster..
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #13
  14. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:01:46 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 17/03/2013 8:51 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> Its a feature in a Android App that only works with Google
    >>
    >> Here is the reference
    >>
    >> Guess what I learned? The 'select folder' option ONLY works with Chrome.
    >> So I fired up Chrome, logged in on it to my phone via Airdroid, and was
    >> perfectly able to upload an entire directory plus subdirectories, with
    >> their hierarchies intact, onto my phone's SD card.
    >>
    >> The moral of the story: Fire up Airdroid from Chrome and try again.
    >>

    >So, as usual, you're more full of shit that a Christchurch portaloo.
    >Nothing whatsoever to do with XP, it's a issue with an Android app.
    >Once again, Woger fuckwit to the fore. Would you mind moving back to
    >the UK?



    Gee was you born with your ase hole on you head.?

    I am referring to Run Chrome and get it to work with say Google.com

    this is what I get

    Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the
    connection.

    No other program involved, Try and read what I posted.

    Do a Google search for Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The
    server refused the connection.

    There are some 1000 of post about this and in a lot of cases No Fix..
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #14
  15. Frank Williams

    nospam Guest

    On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:48:38 +1300, Frank Williams
    <> wrote:

    >
    >That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
    >tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.


    No, it is not listed by google - whatever the hell "listed by google"
    means. Googling for "ER 102" finds a pile of stuff about some
    Midlands emergency radio something or rather.

    Furthermore, your subject was "is chrome a bag or worms". This sounds
    like a bad tempered, childish rant. Nor did you list steps to
    reproduce the problem or what version of chrome you're using.

    Can you log onto your router using chrome? Does your router have an
    error log?
    nospam, Mar 17, 2013
    #15
  16. In article <>,
    says...
    >
    >
    > Thanks Chaps for all your help its nice to see how helpful people can be
    > here..?
    >
    >
    > Or should I say when you all don't have a clue and are Totally useless,
    > so why not attack the poster..
    >


    Yes, like this:
    my neighbour comes in Saturday lunchtime for a cup of coffee.
    "oh, and I also had a little computer problem""I was typing and then I
    did something and all the windows went funny and this little window came
    up in front Microsoft something or other and there were 5 options and I
    clicked one and it went away, I guess I should have written it down, but
    all the windows were funny and very small and there were always two open
    at once when I tried to open another document but then Bill came and
    fixed it".

    Now you try and reverse engineer what the **** happened? I sure can't
    figure it out, other than he likely hit some shortcut key by accident.

    That's similar to the level of information you gave us. er 102 with 1000
    hits on google and no fix. Oh-kayyyyy, you didn't state the OS, you
    didn't state the device, you didn't state what you were doing ....
    now suddenly you come up with the word Android. Oh, we were supposed to
    know that, right?

    bloody hell. -P.
    Peter Huebner, Mar 17, 2013
    #16
  17. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 23:11:55 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:37:41 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sunday, 17 March 2013 13:32:06 UTC+13, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>><snip>
    >>>>
    >>>> >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..
    >>>>
    >>>> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.
    >>>
    >>>I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at
    >>>www.seniledementia.net.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Thanks Chaps for all your help its nice to see how helpful people can be
    >> here..?
    >>
    >>
    >> Or should I say when you all don't have a clue and are Totally useless,
    >> so why not attack the poster..
    >>

    >
    >OK can we start again.
    >
    >Have we all got this wrong, and the Situation isn't As beLow:
    >
    >You are trying to run an Android app that needs Chrome , and somehow need to
    >reformat your HDD reinstall Windows XP ?
    >
    >I'd suggest maybe you need to reformat your HDD and install Android.
    >
    >geoff
    >
    >geoff
    >
    >




    No I am trying to Run Chrome full stop.
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #17
  18. On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:11:03 +1300, nospam <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:48:38 +1300, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
    >>tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.

    >
    >No, it is not listed by google - whatever the hell "listed by google"
    >means. Googling for "ER 102" finds a pile of stuff about some
    >Midlands emergency radio something or rather.
    >
    >Furthermore, your subject was "is chrome a bag or worms". This sounds
    >like a bad tempered, childish rant. Nor did you list steps to
    >reproduce the problem or what version of chrome you're using.
    >
    >Can you log onto your router using chrome? Does your router have an
    >error log?



    Nothing at all with my Routers as I can Run Chome from W7


    Its XP that does not work..
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #18
  19. On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 01:44:05 +1300, Peter Huebner <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >>
    >> Thanks Chaps for all your help its nice to see how helpful people can be
    >> here..?
    >>
    >>
    >> Or should I say when you all don't have a clue and are Totally useless,
    >> so why not attack the poster..
    >>

    >
    >Yes, like this:
    >my neighbour comes in Saturday lunchtime for a cup of coffee.
    >"oh, and I also had a little computer problem""I was typing and then I
    >did something and all the windows went funny and this little window came
    >up in front Microsoft something or other and there were 5 options and I
    >clicked one and it went away, I guess I should have written it down, but
    >all the windows were funny and very small and there were always two open
    >at once when I tried to open another document but then Bill came and
    >fixed it".
    >
    >Now you try and reverse engineer what the **** happened? I sure can't
    >figure it out, other than he likely hit some shortcut key by accident.
    >
    >That's similar to the level of information you gave us. er 102 with 1000
    >hits on google and no fix. Oh-kayyyyy, you didn't state the OS, you
    >didn't state the device, you didn't state what you were doing ....
    >now suddenly you come up with the word Android. Oh, we were supposed to
    >know that, right?
    >
    >bloody hell. -P.
    >



    Read my 1st post, its all in there, noting at all to do with Android,
    I am trying to run the Latest Chrome from Windows XP..

    It works OK from W7 but that is not my base OS..
    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
    #19
  20. On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:04:24 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >>
    >>
    >> No I am trying to Run Chrome full stop.

    >
    >Or "full Stop" ?
    >
    >You need to run Chrome because your Android app requires it.
    >
    >Or did yoU misSpeak ?
    >
    >geoff
    >




    What utter crap you post 1 AM TRYING TO RUN A NEW INSTALL OF CHROME AND
    IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE NET, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANDRIOD.


    TELL ME WHY ARE SOME MANY POSTEERS IN THE NEWS GROUP SO THICK..?
    Frank Williams, Mar 19, 2013
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Philip Drumm

    Trick to protect address book from worms

    Philip Drumm, Jul 4, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    786
  2. Mike
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    489
    S.Heenan
    Aug 23, 2003
  3. P Watkins

    AVG 6.0 difficulties - Virus/worms getting through.

    P Watkins, Jan 19, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    462
    °Mike°
    Jan 19, 2004
  4. Peter  M

    IE8 RC1 Bag or worms

    Peter M, Dec 23, 2008, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    503
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    Dec 26, 2008
  5. Max Burke
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    556
    Gordon
    Jul 11, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page