    Bret81C Guest

    I don't mean the one with the French actor I mean the one where Tom Selleck
    played the king of spain

    Bret81C, Nov 17, 2004

  2. >I don't mean the one with the French actor I mean the one where Tom Selleck
    >played the king of spain

    Warner Bros.
    "Christopher Columbus: The Discovery"

    Tom Selleck as King Ferdinand of Spain ... that deserves an MST3K-style
    wisecrack.

    Strange how a James Bond director handled that film.

    vs.

    Paramount Pictures
    "1492: Conquest of Paradise"

    WHAT THE HECK?! Christopher Columbus with a FRENCH ACCENT?!

    The music tries to be a Spanish flavor of "Blade Runner."

    Which did you prefer, if you ever had the ability to watch either film without
    falling asleep or laughing at the discrepancies and horrid performances.

    1492 did have one redeeming aspect: the excellent soundtrack by Vangelis (which
    was ultimately inappropriate for the film and, I'm willing to bet, probably
    earned more money than the movie). - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Bret81C wrote:

    > I don't mean the one with the French actor I mean the one where Tom Selleck
    > played the king of spain

    If you can't remember the title, you don't DESERVE to know. :)

    Derek Janssen (and no, no word on "Christopher Columbus: the Discovery"
    either, so don't bother reposting)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Bret81C

    annot Guest