    experience of the Cannon 24 inch printer? Thanks in advance for any
    comments.
    Nobody
    nobody, Mar 22, 2005

  2. nobody

    Ben Thomas Guest

    nobody wrote:
    > I am looking for a 24inch inkjet. I have doubts about the HP Designjet
    > 130nr; the Epson 4000 prints a little too small for my needs; the Epson 7600
    > is a possibility, however, I saw a 24 inch Canon printer in a showroom, but
    > have not tested it. I have reasons to trust Cannon. Has anybody had any
    > experience of the Cannon 24 inch printer? Thanks in advance for any
    > comments.
    > Nobody

    I suggest you find out the model number then go to google.com and type in "Canon
    <model number> review" - replace <model number> with the actual model number.
    Ben Thomas, Mar 23, 2005

  3. nobody

    nobody Guest

    Thanks, why didn't I think of this (no answer please... :)).

    nobody, Mar 23, 2005
  4. nobody

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >I saw a 24 inch Canon printer in a showroom, but
    >have not tested it. ... Has anybody had any
    >experience of the Cannon 24 inch printer?

    The prices on some of these new wide carriage models from HP and Canon
    are enticing. But note some of the new wide format printers are only
    600 or 1200 dpi, which is a bit thin for highest quality photo work.
    Others are 2400 dpi or higher (the Epsons you mention are 2,880 for
    many papers, I think the HP is 2400 too) and I think you'll be able to
    see the differences in prints. The 600/1200 dpi models are more likely
    to be used for signage or proofs (I think) rather than fine art, so
    make sure you check the specs.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Mar 23, 2005
  5. nobody

    Douglas Guest

    The Canon plotters are "POSTER" printers, not photo printers. The difference
    is not noticable at 20 feet but it sure as hell is as normal viewing
    distance. Exactly what doubts do you have about the HP designjets? HP lead
    the world in dye based photo plotters.

    Douglas
    -------------

    Douglas, Mar 23, 2005
  6. nobody

    nobody Guest

    Thank you for pointing out the difference between poster printers and photo
    printers. The doubts about the 130nr are, as far as I can tell, a somewhat
    inferior resolution and definition of detail as compared with my current
    printer, Canon i9950. To me this does not seem unimportant, for example,
    rendering the texture of the subject, I believe, leads to a better picture,
    even if one looks at it from a distance. The bricks on my i9950 looked
    better defined, than the bricks on the 130. Don't get me wrong, the bricks
    on the 130, and the texture of the metal and wall were there, but they
    looked slightly out of focus, when compared to the i9950, if you know what
    I mean. The speed of the 130 was phenomenal, but my interest is not in
    speed, it is in image or print quality, I really want the best I can get
    without having to spend 1/2 million dollars.... May be the 130 was not
    demonstrated under the best conditions, I don't know. This seems to leave
    me only with the Epson 7600, however, despite what I said above, this
    printer is going to the other extreme, it is much too slow, and, in
    addition, it has a drink problem :), it drinks too much ink. As I said in
    the original article, I am using a Hasseleblad, I like the square frame,
    and is seems such a shame to waste all those pixels from my excellent
    scanner by not having a 6 of so extra inches on each side of the frame. Any
    ideas?
    Nobody

    nobody, Mar 23, 2005
  7. nobody

    Rick Guest

    Bill Hilton wrote:
    > The prices on some of these new wide carriage models from HP and Canon
    > are enticing. But note some of the new wide format printers are only
    > 600 or 1200 dpi, which is a bit thin for highest quality photo work.

    True, but if your printing something big, your not supposed to stand 2
    inches from it and squint.

    That said, almost all the decent big printers on the market output at their
    top resolution by default, so if you feed it a file thats only got enough
    pixel data for 300dpi you still get a 1200dpi print (or whatever)
    --

    Rick

    Digital Printing
    www.intelligence-direct.com - 01270 215550
    Rick, Mar 24, 2005
  8. nobody

    measekite Guest

    Rick wrote:

    >Bill Hilton wrote:
    >

    >>The prices on some of these new wide carriage models from HP and Canon
    >>are enticing. But note some of the new wide format printers are only
    >>600 or 1200 dpi, which is a bit thin for highest quality photo work.
    >>

    >True, but if your printing something big, your not supposed to stand 2
    >inches from it and squint.

    How can you print more than what is there; and I do not mean interpolation.

    measekite, Mar 24, 2005