    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    Swan, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Swan

    John Barnes Guest

    Try the BJC-8000 driver. It seems to work for most of the i series.

    John Barnes, Jul 25, 2005

  3. John

    Please stop printing this. Does it make most Canon printers run? I guess
    so.
    Do they print quality prints -HELL NO!!!
    It's not a matter of "some features not being available" It simply doesn't
    utilize about half of the ink cartridges.

    DonW

    Donald Wilkinson, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Swan

    John Barnes Guest

    Most report good print results from this driver (here and on other sites).
    Sorry it doesn't work for you.

    John Barnes, Jul 25, 2005
  5. John,

    The BJC-8000 uses two(2) ink cartridges. the i950, i960, etc each use 6
    separate cartridges
    Most modern photographic printers come closer to the latter than the
    somewhat dated BJC-8000

    Do you honestly think a driver for a two cartridge system will run a 6 or 7
    (i9900) cartridge system?

    Donald Wilkinson, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Swan

    John Barnes Guest

    The driver works fine with many 5 cartridge printers, like mine. It may only
    use 1 of the black printheads, but uses the 3 colours just fine. The
    printer may have only two cartridges, but think of it, it has 4 colours
    (black, 3 colours). Whether you have separate ' cartridges ' for each
    colour or all in 1 cartridge, it still has to activate each colour
    printhead. I suggest you use the ignore tool on your newsreader for my id
    so you can control your blood pressure and allow others to try the a driver
    that works for many. If you have more than the 5 (2 black and 3 colour)
    then maybe it will not work.

    John Barnes, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Swan

    Dennis Pack Guest

    John:
    I'm glad that I stuck with my old Epson C84 instead of going to
    Canon or HP and waiting for drivers. One trick that used to work on Canon
    printers when there was a driver ssue was to load Epson drivers because they
    were being using the same base. I know it worked on 3.1, w95 and w98, then I
    quit fighting Canon driver issues by buying an Epson.

    Dennis Pack, Jul 26, 2005