    bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
    because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.

    , Jan 2, 2009

  2. Pete D Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9B884B1BF163nonenowherecom@216.196.97.131...
    > wrote in news:7ca965e1-a897-4e30-8d47-
    > :
    >
    >> I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
    >> Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
    >> bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
    >> because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.
    >>

    > I'd suggest before making any purchases, you study up to some degree on
    > what you are buying, because you are clearly confused as to current
    > pricing
    > on these expensive products, what they offer.

    Umm, isn't that what he is doing?

    Pete D, Jan 3, 2009

  3. Bob AZ Guest

    On Jan 2, 3:25�pm, wrote:
    > I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
    > Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
    > bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
    > because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.

    This is a very good price as another has mentioned. And according to
    my morning paper the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar
    so perhaps you have the pricing somewhat turned around.

    A price quote from B&H at this minute is $2000.00 US. Plus shipping.
    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Jan 3, 2009
  4. Guest

    On Jan 3, 12:21 pm, Bob AZ <> wrote:
    > On Jan 2, 3:25 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I just came back from a local electronic store and they sell a new
    > > Canon 5D body for Can $1800 (approx. US $1500). Is this really a good
    > > bargain? I thought this camera is around $3K? They said that it is
    > > because the new model is coming out and there is only one left.

    > This is a very good price as another has mentioned.  And according to
    > my morning paper the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar
    > so perhaps you have the pricing somewhat turned around.
    >
    > A price quote from B&H at this minute is $2000.00 US. Plus shipping.
    > Bob  AZ

    I am sure that it is gone now for that price. The on-line site sells
    it for Can $2100. It was the last one, although it was a brand new and
    came in the box. They must have trying hard to get rid of it?

    , Jan 3, 2009