Is C# really worth it?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Neon, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Neon

    Neon Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I am an experienced, advanced level VC++ programmer. I am planning to
    take up MCSD as soon as possible. I just want to ask everybody, if
    its really worth it to jump to a new language like C# and complete my
    MCSD in it.

    Has C# established itself properly in the programming world? Are there
    good job oppurtunities coming up for it?

    As far as my perspective is concerned, I have had a peek into C# and
    kind of like it. I would be willing to learn it well, if it is
    really of value.

    Any and all inputs will be received well. And also, please tell me if
    I can take up MCSD with VC++ in the coming days... because on the
    site, only VB.NET and VC#.NET are mentioned in the exam list.

    Please do advice,

    Neon.

    Neon, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Neon

    Somchai U. Guest

    You should not wait for C++.NET, I see no plan for C++ on MCSD.NET. You have
    to choose either VB.NET or C#. If you really want to persue MCSD.NET, the
    C# language seems to be good for you.

    Somchai

    Somchai U., Oct 14, 2003

  3. Neon

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > Has C# established itself properly in the programming world?

    Certainly has in the Microsoft world, not too sure about the Sun & IBM
    worlds though!

    > Are there
    > good job oppurtunities coming up for it?

    Yep, just has there are good oppurtunities for experienced people with
    C++, Smalltalk, Java, Cobol .............

    Kline Sphere, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Neon

    Eric Engler Guest

    Check some jobs sites on the net.