    My only downer is that by now they should have announced Volume 4 in
    the series and best as I can tell, they have not.

    Any info on a proposed Volume 4?
    Cato The Elder, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Cato The Elder

    jayembee Guest

    says...

    > My only downer is that by now they should have announced Volume 4
    > in the series and best as I can tell, they have not.
    >
    > Any info on a proposed Volume 4?

    Based on the release pattern, v.4 should be along in November, but
    that's when Universal is releasing their Marx Bros. and WC Fields
    collections, so A&C v.4 would be pushed off until later.

    At any rate, Universal hasn't announced a date or contents. However,
    there are only three or four A&C titles remaining in Universal's
    library, so it's pretty clear that v.4 would be only a single-disc
    release.

    The three certain titles would be A&C MEET DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE
    (1953), A&C MEET THE KEYSTONE KOPS (1955), and A&C MEET THE MUMMY
    (1955). A possible fourth might be FIREMAN SAVE MY CHILD (1954),
    which was intended to be an A&C film, but they dropped out at the
    last minute. Supposedly, they have an unbilled cameo (and a distant
    shot, at that, so they really aren't very visible).

    The only other possibility would be if Universal included the 1943
    film, IT AIN'T HAY, which was left out of v.2 because no decent copies
    of it exist anymore. There's also the A&C MEET JERRY SEINFELD TV special
    that was supposed to be on v.2 but wasn't.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Cato The Elder

    Joe Guest

    >There's also the A&C MEET JERRY SEINFELD TV special
    >that was supposed to be on v.2 but wasn't.

    I checked DDD.com and they have this volume for region 1 w/ that special on it,
    or is it a misprint? Also - does anyone know if they are going to put all these
    volumes together and sell them as a package deal?

    - jb
    Joe, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Cato The Elder

    jayembee Guest

    says...

    >> There's also the A&C MEET JERRY SEINFELD TV special
    >> that was supposed to be on v.2 but wasn't.

    > I checked DDD.com and they have this volume for region 1 w/ that
    > special on it, or is it a misprint?

    Neither. Volume 2 was solicited with that special listed as an
    extra, but it wasn't in the set.

    > Also - does anyone know if they are going to put all these
    > volumes together and sell them as a package deal?

    Possible. But I doubt that Universal is thinking that far ahead.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 4, 2004