    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    , Oct 12, 2003

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a hard
    > time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new store or
    > something.
    >
    > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    > Thank you in advance. :)
    > --
    > "Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
    > Flying Circus
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
    > | |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
    > \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    > ( )

    Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on right
    for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache and
    cookies and try going to the site again.
    Michael Walker, Oct 13, 2003

  3. In news:,
    <> said in a panic:
    > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a
    > hard time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new
    > store or something.
    >
    > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    > Thank you in advance. :)

    Circuit City = $14.99 plus additional $3 off with combined purchase
    of "Matrix Reloaded" and the soundtrack.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 13, 2003
  4. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:46:21 -0500, Brian "Demolition Man" Little <> scribbled:
    > In news:,
    > <> said in a panic:
    >> I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a
    >> hard time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new
    >> store or something.
    >>
    >> Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    >> Thank you in advance. :)

    > Circuit City = $14.99 plus additional $3 off with combined purchase
    > of "Matrix Reloaded" and the soundtrack.

    Wow, then I can relive the closing credits "music" whenever
    I wanted. Which would be never. Ever. My ears are still
    bleeding from the first time.

    VJM
    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Guest

    > > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a
    > > hard time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new
    > > store or something.
    > >
    > > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    > > Thank you in advance. :)

    > Circuit City = $14.99 plus additional $3 off with combined purchase
    > of "Matrix Reloaded" and the soundtrack.

    Thanks! I only care about the DVD movie. :) Now, I have two easy stores
    because BB and CC are side by side in my city. Hopefully, both will
    have a copy for me on Tuesday. ;)
    --
    "Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
    Flying Circus
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    , Oct 13, 2003
  6. Guest

    Michael Walker <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a hard
    > > time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new store or
    > > something.
    > >
    > > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    > > Thank you in advance. :)

    > Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on right
    > for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    > Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache and
    > cookies and try going to the site again.

    Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)
  7. <> wrote in message
    > Michael Walker <> wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a

    hard
    > > > time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new store

    or
    > > > something.
    > > >
    > > > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    > > > Thank you in advance. :)

    > > Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on

    right
    > > for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    > > Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache

    and
    > > cookies and try going to the site again.

    > Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)
    > --
    > "Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
    > Flying Circus
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
    > | |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
    > \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    > ( )

    Oh, that's too bad.
    Michael Walker, Oct 13, 2003
  8. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:50:53 -0500, wrote:

    >Michael Walker <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a hard
    >> > time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new store or
    >> > something.
    >> >
    >> > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    >> > Thank you in advance. :)

    >> Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on right
    >> for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    >> Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache and
    >> cookies and try going to the site again.

    >Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    Oh, too bad. You miss out on good deals. It's the ONLY way to buy.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 13, 2003
  9. Ray Tracer Guest

    Re: Is Best Buy the only retail store with the cheapest price forMatrix Reloaded DVD?

    in article pnlib.9735$, Michael Walker at
    thus spake on 10/12/03 6:24 PM:

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on right
    > for ad on right that says "Save $5..."
    >
    > Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache and
    > cookies and try going to the site again.

    Hey, thanks for that tip, Michael! Never would've spotted that - I hardly
    ever look at BestBuy.com....

    Neal
    Ray Tracer, Oct 13, 2003
  10. Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, SpeedByrd PhD.
    <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:50:53 -0500, wrote:
    >
    > >Michael Walker <> wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on right
    > >> for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    > >> Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache and
    > >> cookies and try going to the site again.

    > >Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    > Oh, too bad. You miss out on good deals. It's the ONLY way to buy.

    Buying locally had its advantages. I don't mind paying a buck or two
    more too keep local people employed, or to be able to actually enjoy
    the product the same day I was in the mood to buy it.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Oct 13, 2003
  11. TSKO Guest

    course if u buy it at Best Buy this wk...in addition to a great price...u
    get a bonus dvd w/ 30 min of extra content.....above and beyond the 2 disc
    SE of it...

    TSKO, Oct 13, 2003
  12. Mark B. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Michael Walker <> wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > I saw its weekly ads on its Web site for $14.99 this week. I had a

    hard
    > > > time reading the fine prints, but I think that was for the new store

    or
    > > > something.
    > > >
    > > > Are there any other stores (not online) selling the DVD for cheaper?
    > > > Thank you in advance. :)

    > > Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on

    right
    > > for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    > > Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache

    and
    > > cookies and try going to the site again.

    > Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    Why not?
    Mark B., Oct 14, 2003
  13. Tarkus Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:09:15 -0400, Mark B. wrote:

    >> Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    > Why not?

    He's probably one of these people who would rather give his credit card
    number to a minimum wage store clerk than to use it online. I've never
    quite understood the paranoia of using credit cards online, particularly
    in the U.S., where your risks are very minimal.
    --
    "Here lies the body of Mary Lee,
    died at the age of a hundred and three.

    Now playing: "The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Tarkus, Oct 14, 2003
  14. jayembee Guest

    Tarkus <> wrote:

    >Mark B. wrote:
    >
    >>> Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    >> Why not?

    >He's probably one of these people who would rather give his credit card
    >number to a minimum wage store clerk than to use it online. I've never
    >quite understood the paranoia of using credit cards online, particularly
    >in the U.S., where your risks are very minimal.

    Or he could be one of those people (like me) who just prefer to walk
    into a store, and walk out with their nice shiny new DVDs (after
    paying for them, that is) instead of waiting for them to come in the
    mail.

    I do order some things on-line, but usually only when I have no other
    choice. Even before the advent of on-line shopping, I never liked
    getting things through mail-order catalogs if I could avoid it.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Oct 14, 2003
  15. Tarkus Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 05:29:38 GMT, jayembee wrote:

    > Or he could be one of those people (like me) who just prefer to walk
    > into a store, and walk out with their nice shiny new DVDs (after
    > paying for them, that is) instead of waiting for them to come in the
    > mail.

    Hey, I like to do both. It's fun to get instant gratification, but it's
    also fun to get a nice little 'surprise' in the mail, especially when it
    saved me some bucks.
    --
    "All this torturing people gets me HOT!"

    Now playing: "The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Tarkus, Oct 14, 2003
  16. Codswallop Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 06:17:37 GMT, Tarkus wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >> Or he could be one of those people (like me) who just prefer to walk
    >> into a store, and walk out with their nice shiny new DVDs (after
    >> paying for them, that is) instead of waiting for them to come in the
    >> mail.

    > Hey, I like to do both. It's fun to get instant gratification, but
    > it's also fun to get a nice little 'surprise' in the mail, especially
    > when it saved me some bucks.

    Plus with online you get gratification twice. The "I've just spent
    money on stuff" gratification (which isn't that big as you don't
    actually HAVE anything); then the "here's my stuff!" gratification that
    you get from new stuff (that you didn't just pay for, almost like a
    freebie).

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)
    Codswallop, Oct 14, 2003
  17. Guest

    > hard

    > or

    > > > Bestbuy.com --> Cameras and Camcorders --> Digital Cameras -->Look on

    > right
    > > > for ad on right that says "Save $5..."

    > > > Hint: If you have trouble with it showing up in cart, clear your cache

    > and
    > > > cookies and try going to the site again.

    > > Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    > Why not?

    Oh, I am paranoid about buying stuff online.
    --
    "Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
    Flying Circus
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | E-mail: NT or NT
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    , Oct 14, 2003
  18. Tarkus Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:33:19 -0500, wrote:

    > Oh, I am paranoid about buying stuff online.

    I knew it! ;)
    --
    "There was no beer on the island, man. If they had beer they would have
    had, like, big-ass orgies."

    Now playing: the radio
    Tarkus, Oct 14, 2003
  19. Justin Guest

    wrote on [Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:33:19 -0500]:

    >> > Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    >> Why not?

    > Oh, I am paranoid about buying stuff online.

    Why? It's safer than giving your credit card number to a server in a
    restaurant.
    Justin, Oct 14, 2003
  20. Mark B. Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > > hard

    store
    > > or

    cheaper?

    on
    > > right

    cache
    > > and
    > > >
    > > > Uh, I don't buy stuff online. Thanks anyways. :)

    > > Why not?

    > Oh, I am paranoid about buying stuff online.
    > --

    That's silly. How many minimum wage clerks do you hand your credit and/or
    debit cards to in a week?

    Mark
    Mark B., Oct 15, 2003