    guide worth buying. This only fosters an environment where it is easier to
    "cheat" by test skimming than to actually learn so you know the product.
    That's my rant. Please let me know your feedback.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=, May 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    Actually I'm fed up with chinese food...

    But hell, you're right. All the MS published "study guides" (They call
    them "Self paced Training Kit") do, is put you to sleep at a high pace.

    They are so text-bookish in format, and your interest starts flagging
    right at the start. For each exam I have given, the MS Press book has
    taken me the most time to read through, and I just breezed through the
    Que published books, even though the latter had more relevant content.

    The Review questions at the end of each chapter are of the form
    "Describe the differences..." or "List the various methods..." which
    are entirely useless for a Multiple choice exam. Questions should be
    specific, and in a similar format to the real exam.

    I think the reason for the poor quality of the books is that everyone
    who doesn't know better, does buy the MS books anyway, since the same
    company provides the certifications.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, May 12, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Cinci Tech" <> wrote in message
    > Are you fed up with these books published under the Microsoft Press name
    > as a
    > training book for a given exam and then find out how poor the book covers
    > the
    > exam material? Either the authors need a "gravel bath" or the test
    > designers
    > need a swift kick. How does MS expect to have IT professionals keep
    > buying
    > their materials when they (the books) don't cut it? Does anyone know of a
    > contact at Microsoft where someone can complain or offer constructive
    > criticism? It is a shame when someone with a peer to peer program and an
    > internet connection can download a test that is dead on the exam, yet the
    > company that produces the study guides and the exams do not make a study
    > guide worth buying. This only fosters an environment where it is easier
    > "cheat" by test skimming than to actually learn so you know the product.
    > That's my rant. Please let me know your feedback.

    HI I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT YOUR POAST BUT I WAS WONDERING IF YOU
    COULD SEND ME SOME CHILI? OKAY, THANKS, BYE!
    Frisbee®, May 13, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    CHILI ??? Is that your version of the "bitter pill" ? ;-)
    Cerebrus, May 13, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Cerebrus assaulted us with:
    > CHILI ??? Is that your version of the "bitter pill" ? ;-)

    No, no, Chili is a rather disgusting combination of tomatoes, meat beans and
    an array of spices. Sometime people in the US eat it on hotdogs. Anyway, the
    location of the OP's sn suggests to Fris that he could provide this culinary
    abomination.
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, May 13, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Oh !!! Where I'm at, Chili or rather Chilli means spices in Hindi.
    Frisbee posting in Uppercase made me imagine him having eaten a lot of
    them !
    Cerebrus, May 14, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    JaR Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in

    > No, no, Chili is a rather disgusting combination of tomatoes, meat
    > beans and an array of spices. Sometime people in the US eat it on
    > hotdogs. Anyway, the location of the OP's sn suggests to Fris that he
    > could provide this culinary abomination.

    I sit in absolute amazement at the lack of culinary knowledge in one so
    talented in other areas!

    Chili has NO beans in it, and the best has damb few, if any, tomatos
    either!

    Don't be giving bad info to the furriners what don't know beans about
    chili.

    That stuff in cans that y'all buy at the stoopermart might call itself
    chili, but it ain't!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, May 15, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    JaR Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in news:1147578296.322781.100540
    @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

    > Oh !!! Where I'm at, Chili or rather Chilli means spices in Hindi.
    > Frisbee posting in Uppercase made me imagine him having eaten a lot of
    > them !

    Chili, chilli or chile[1] are all spellings used to refer to the fruit of
    the capsicum family.

    http://www.answers.com/chili&r=67

    Chili is also a spicy meat stew made from the chilis. A conconction for
    the creation of which I modestly claim some small local acclaim. Here's a
    dandy: http://www.lookd.com/recipies/chili/oakwood.htm

    [1] On a side note, I recently watched a cooking show filmed in Norway,
    in which the Norwegian chef added some lovely red "chiles", rhymes with
    "piles", to his recipe.<G>

    JaR, May 15, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: JaR assaulted us with:
    > "LRM" <> wrote in
    >
    >> No, no, Chili is a rather disgusting combination of tomatoes, meat
    >> beans and an array of spices. Sometime people in the US eat it on
    >> hotdogs. Anyway, the location of the OP's sn suggests to Fris that he
    >> could provide this culinary abomination.
    >>

    > I sit in absolute amazement at the lack of culinary knowledge in one
    > so talented in other areas!
    >
    > Chili has NO beans in it, and the best has damb few, if any, tomatos
    > either!
    >
    > Don't be giving bad info to the furriners what don't know beans about
    > chili.
    >
    > That stuff in cans that y'all buy at the stoopermart might call itself
    > chili, but it ain't!

    It is true, I'm afraid I don't know my way around the kitchen. Maybe you
    could come to my place and make me your version of chili some time. Thanks
    for setting me straight on this important matter.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, May 15, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > "Cerebrus" <> wrote in news:1147578296.322781.100540
    > @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Oh !!! Where I'm at, Chili or rather Chilli means spices in Hindi.
    >> Frisbee posting in Uppercase made me imagine him having eaten a lot of
    >> them !
    >>

    > Chili, chilli or chile[1] are all spellings used to refer to the fruit of
    > the capsicum family.
    >
    > http://www.answers.com/chili&r=67
    >
    > Chili is also a spicy meat stew made from the chilis. A conconction for
    > the creation of which I modestly claim some small local acclaim. Here's a
    > dandy: http://www.lookd.com/recipies/chili/oakwood.htm
    >
    > [1] On a side note, I recently watched a cooking show filmed in Norway,
    > in which the Norwegian chef added some lovely red "chiles", rhymes with
    > "piles", to his recipe.<G>

    Sorry to piggy-back but I must have missed Cerebus' post.

    Cincinnatti style chili is quite different from all other chilis.

    I grew up absolutely hating chili, because my mother (whom I love dearly)
    made the worst chili on the planet. We're talking inhumane punishment here.

    For years I wouldn't touch anyone else's.

    Then one day, my step-mother made some and my father warned me that since
    step-mother NEVER cooks, I'd better damned well eat it. I did. I loved it.

    Been a chili lover ever since.

    But to me, nothing compares to Cinci style. It's Greek in origin, I
    understand, and it's served over spaghetti, optionally with beans, onions,
    and cheese.

    To me, it's nectar of the Gods type of thing, but people either seem to love
    it or hate it, most people (outside of Cinci natives) seem to be the latter.

    http://www.skylinechili.com/
    Frisbee®, May 15, 2006
  11. >> That stuff in cans that y'all buy at the stoopermart might call itself
    >> chili, but it ain't!

    > It is true, I'm afraid I don't know my way around the kitchen. Maybe you
    > could come to my place and make me your version of chili some time. Thanks
    > for setting me straight on this important matter.

    That's just too bad!
    If you knew your way around the kitchen and automatically took out the
    garbage, you would be the ideal woman.
    I'm back. Maybe. -had things to do (bad excuse, I'm full of it today).
    Gorm Braarvig, May 15, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Gorm Braarvig assaulted us with:
    >>> That stuff in cans that y'all buy at the stoopermart might call
    >>> itself chili, but it ain't!

    >> It is true, I'm afraid I don't know my way around the kitchen. Maybe
    >> you could come to my place and make me your version of chili some
    >> time. Thanks for setting me straight on this important matter.
    >>

    > That's just too bad!
    > If you knew your way around the kitchen and automatically took out the
    > garbage, you would be the ideal woman.
    > I'm back. Maybe. -had things to do (bad excuse, I'm full of it today).

    I am already the ideal woman without those skills. I have others. 'bout time
    you came back, been missing the thunder.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, May 15, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    Must have eaten too much chili

    LnkWizard2, May 15, 2006
  14. "LRM" <> wrote in message
    > All gawked in amazement when: Gorm Braarvig assaulted us with:
    >>>
    >>> It is true, I'm afraid I don't know my way around the kitchen. Maybe
    >>> you could come to my place and make me your version of chili some
    >>> time. Thanks for setting me straight on this important matter.
    >>>

    >> That's just too bad!
    >> If you knew your way around the kitchen and automatically took out the
    >> garbage, you would be the ideal woman.
    >> I'm back. Maybe. -had things to do (bad excuse, I'm full of it today).

    > I am already the ideal woman without those skills. I have others. 'bout
    > time you came back, been missing the thunder.

    Leaving again.
    (I'm putting on the salesman hat as we speak).
    Nice reading your magic words, though.
    Hopefully I'll get out of the cave in a few days and write some posts. Just
    need to return to sanity first.
    Gorm Braarvig, May 15, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > I sit in absolute amazement at the lack of culinary knowledge in one so
    > talented in other areas!

    She must be schooled in the teachings of the church of the great and
    wonderful Capsicum. For penance say 20 Hail Habaneros, and ingest some
    manner of divine forage with at least 200,000 Scoville units.

    > Chili has NO beans in it, and the best has damb few, if any, tomatos
    > either!

    How did I know that was coming.

    > Don't be giving bad info to the furriners what don't know beans about
    > chili.

    Give em peppers instead.

    > That stuff in cans that y'all buy at the stoopermart might call itself
    > chili, but it ain't!

    It's more of a magical meaty paste with an inch of neon orange lard on top..

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, May 15, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: MitchS assaulted us with:

    > It's more of a magical meaty paste with an inch of neon orange lard
    > on top..

    That's a deal breaker right there. Now any other color but orange and I
    might have thought better of it.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, May 15, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    JaR Guest

    "MitchS" <> wrote in

    > She must be schooled in the teachings of the church of the great and
    > wonderful Capsicum. For penance say 20 Hail Habaneros, and ingest
    > some manner of divine forage with at least 200,000 Scoville units.

    Werd. Sear the soul with the fire of the ghods, and be inducted forever.

    >> Chili has NO beans in it, and the best has damb few, if any, tomatos
    >> either!

    > How did I know that was coming.

    Because thou art a True Beleiver™.

    >> Don't be giving bad info to the furriners what don't know beans about
    >> chili.

    > Give em peppers instead.

    And none of your sissified "mild" or "sweet" ones, either!

    >> That stuff in cans that y'all buy at the stoopermart might call
    >> itself chili, but it ain't!

    > It's more of a magical meaty paste with an inch of neon orange lard on
    > top..

    And damb tasty when one is in a hurry and the cupboard is bare, provided
    one has some saltines and good hot sauce to give it a tickle.
    Nonetheless, it bears small resemblence to the true gift from $Deity.

    JaR, May 15, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "MitchS" <> say in news:O#
    :

    > and ingest some
    > manner of divine forage with at least 200,000 Scoville units.

    I like Scotch Bonnets myself...mmmmm, almost plantin' time...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Luxuriantly hand crafted in only the finest ASCII!
    Neil, May 15, 2006
  19. I find them a great supplement to my real life experience and test
    environment I used to pass the exams. Glad to see you use these instead of
    cheating.
    Don't get frustrated, get VMWare!

    --
    Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

    Bill McPherson, May 16, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?Q2luY2kgVGVjaA==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Bill McPherson wrote :

    >> I find them a great supplement to my real life experience and test
    >> environment I used to pass the exams. Glad to see you use these instead of
    >> cheating. Don't get frustrated, get VMWare!

    Now THAT is off-topic ! We're talkin' about the much more important
    CHILI's here !
    Cerebrus, May 16, 2006