    1. Advertising

  1. William Brown

    Another Me Guest

    Another Me, Dec 30, 2010

  2. William Brown, Dec 30, 2010
  3. On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:09:33 +1300, William Brown
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:30:04 +1300, Another Me
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On 30/12/10 2:09 PM, William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >>> http://www.neowin.net/news/angry-birds-developer-paid-content-doesnt-work-on-android

    >>I don't know if that is the best reference, Rovio is making near on US$1
    >>million a month in revenue from Android version of Angry Birds

    >No its a FREE Game..
    >Read the Articles..

    Rovio make all this money from ADS, not from game sales..
    Its a free game with in-game ADVERTISING..
    Read the Articles youself.. Or can't you read..?

    Angry Birds has done great things on the Android platform by allowing
    users to download the game for free, but having the game “ad-supported”,
    as many other app developers have chosen to market. This revenue model
    has done so well that Angry Birds is reporting they have made as much
    money from ads on Android as they have with the game being $.99 in the
    Apple App Store, pulling in as much as 1 million a month, with almost 7
    million downloads onto Android devices.

    http://www.talkandroid.com/23571-an...deo-ads-during-gameplay-too-much-advertising/

    The Wise Old Owl.., Dec 31, 2010
  4. William Brown

    victor Guest

    On 31/12/2010 1:05 p.m., The Wise Old Owl.. wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:09:33 +1300, William Brown
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:30:04 +1300, Another Me
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> I don't know if that is the best reference, Rovio is making near on US$1
    >>> million a month in revenue from Android version of Angry Birds

    >> No its a FREE Game..
    >> Read the Articles..

    > Rovio make all this money from ADS, not from game sales..
    > Its a free game with in-game ADVERTISING..
    > Read the Articles youself.. Or can't you read..?

    That is good for them isn't it ?
    Offering an ad free upgrade in the android marketplace might be a goer
    too, you get to trial the ad supported version and see if it works and
    you like it first.
    There are plenty of similar app models in the iOS app store.

    victor, Dec 31, 2010
  5. William Brown

    victor Guest

    On 31/12/2010 1:05 p.m., The Wise Old Owl.. wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:09:33 +1300, William Brown
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:30:04 +1300, Another Me
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> I don't know if that is the best reference, Rovio is making near on US$1
    >>> million a month in revenue from Android version of Angry Birds

    >> No its a FREE Game..
    >> Read the Articles..

    > Rovio make all this money from ADS, not from game sales..
    > Its a free game with in-game ADVERTISING..
    > Read the Articles youself.. Or can't you read..?

    Calm down, take a deep breath.
    Now continue.

    http://www.rovio.com/index.php?page=angry-birds---frequently-asked-questions-faq

    Android
    <snip>
    Q: Will there be a paid version of Angry Birds without the ads?

    A: Yes there will. We recently introduced our own payment system for
    operator billing, the Bad Piggy Bank. An opt-out payment option will be
    introduced worldwide in cooperation with local operators in 2011.

    victor, Dec 31, 2010
  6. William Brown

    Another Me Guest

    On 31/12/10 1:32 AM, William Brown wrote:

    > No its a FREE Game..
    >
    > Read the Articles..

    Why? I know it is a free game, full of ads, and it makes them US$1
    million a month in revenue, like I said, a bad example.

    Another Me, Jan 4, 2011