    with my ordering and trying all three, keeping the one I like the best,
    and returning the remaining two? Or, in principle at least, am I
    expected to return something only if it is defective?

    AKT, Dec 12, 2007

  2. AKT

    irwell Guest

    On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:15:25 -0600, AKT <> wrote:

    >Just wondering: Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?
    >For example, if I am undecided between three cameras, would they be ok
    >with my ordering and trying all three, keeping the one I like the best,
    >and returning the remaining two? Or, in principle at least, am I
    >expected to return something only if it is defective?

    They have a boiler plate listing of reasons to
    return. I have had no trouble returning because
    they were not to my liking, Amazon even pays
    for the return shipping.

    irwell, Dec 12, 2007

  3. Yes Amazon.com has a good return policy. That is until assholes like the OP
    ruin it for everyone. Kind of like what happened with Costco. They used to
    take anything you bought from them back anytime. Not any more. If you can't
    decided which camera you want then find them locally buy a memory card or
    whatever and then test them out before you buy. Or, you can do what the rest
    of us do and learn as much as you can about the cameras and then pick on and
    live with it.

    If I was amazon.com and you tried this I would tell you to go **** a dog.

    The Spider

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Dec 13, 2007
  4. AKT

    AKT Guest

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet
    <> wrote:

    : If you can't decided which camera you want then find them
    : locally buy a memory card or whatever and then test them
    : out before you buy.

    Why should local stores subsidize Amazon's business?

    : Kind of like what happened with Costco. They used to take
    : anything you bought from them back anytime. Not any more.

    It is difficult to analyze specific business decision without real
    information. We don't know why Costco did what it did. It is just as
    likely that once they became successful, they could afford to cut back
    on customer service. Won't be the first time.

    : If I was amazon.com and you tried this I would tell you to go **** a dog.

    Perhaps that's one of the many reasons why your business, if you have
    one, is not likely to become anything like Amazon.com? :)

    Cheers.

    AKT, Dec 13, 2007
  5. AKT

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/12/07 7:18 PM, in article 47608874$0$36390$,
    wrote:

    > If I was amazon.com and you tried this I would tell you to go **** a dog.
    >
    > The Spider

    And insult the dog? Who are you, Michael Vick?!?

    George Kerby, Dec 13, 2007
  6. "AKT" <> wrote in message
    > The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > : If you can't decided which camera you want then find them
    > : locally buy a memory card or whatever and then test them
    > : out before you buy.
    >
    > Why should local stores subsidize Amazon's business?
    >
    > : Kind of like what happened with Costco. They used to take
    > : anything you bought from them back anytime. Not any more.
    >
    > It is difficult to analyze specific business decision without real
    > information. We don't know why Costco did what it did. It is just as
    > likely that once they became successful, they could afford to cut back
    > on customer service. Won't be the first time.
    >
    > : If I was amazon.com and you tried this I would tell you to go **** a
    > dog.
    >
    > Perhaps that's one of the many reasons why your business, if you have
    > one, is not likely to become anything like Amazon.com? :)
    >
    > Cheers.

    We do know why Costco did what it did. They said so at the time they changed
    the policy. Too many people buying things using them and then returning.
    People would buy a video camera shoot the wedding and then return the
    camera. Buy a printer print all of the pictures they needed and then return
    it. By a notebook computer for school and then return it at the end of
    school. Buy a TV and when a replacement comes out the old one is returned
    and the new one bought.

    It is also important to note that in no state in the USA is there a law that
    says any store has to take returns. Return policies are at the sole
    discretion of the store. People are going to keep abusing these generous
    policies and like Costco and Target and others they will either not take
    returns for any reason or make them so restrictive that people won't want to
    return and/or start charging restocking fees. In the end, crooks **** things
    up for everyone else. People that have a real reason for a return get fucked
    over because of some scum bag mother fucker.

    Also, I never said check out the cameras locally and then buy from
    Amazon.com. You added that. Myself if I have to have a hands on to make a
    choice then I will buy from the place that provided me the opportunity to
    have that hands on. Scum bag motherfuckers would of course abuse this as
    well.

    So just remember when you can no longer return something or you can return
    but have to pay a 20% restocking fee. Remember all of the scum bag
    motherfuckers that well fucked you over too.

    The Spider

    --
    If stupid was fruit, Washington D.C. would be an orchard!

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Dec 13, 2007
  7. "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > On 12/12/07 7:18 PM, in article 47608874$0$36390$,
    > "The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> If I was amazon.com and you tried this I would tell you to go **** a dog.
    >>
    >> The Spider
    >>

    > And insult the dog? Who are you, Michael Vick?!?

    Pull your brain out. Michael Vick has not been charged for sex with animals
    only making them fight each other for money.

    The Spider

    --
    If stupid was fruit, Washington D.C. would be an orchard!

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Dec 13, 2007
  8. AKT

    AKT Guest

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet :

    : We do know why Costco did what it did. They said so...

    We know nothing. All you seem to know is what they said. Truth is not
    the only motivator behind corporate statements.

    : Too many people buying things using them and then returning.
    : People would buy a video camera shoot the wedding and then return the
    : camera...

    Please note that this is different from buying 3 cameras in order to
    choose one. I don't see how that is an abuse.

    : It is also important to note that in no state in the USA is there a law that
    : says any store has to take returns. Return policies are at the sole
    : discretion of the store. People are going to keep abusing these generous
    : policies...

    These are commercial offerings, meant to attract customers and
    encourage them to buy, not "generous" in the traditional sense of the
    term. But if you see it that way, to each his own.

    There are lots of business models out there, from Walmart to Tiffany's.
    Companies change too. Just because Costco stopped taking returns
    doesn't mean every store did. Nobody is under any obligation to offer a
    particular product or service, or to buy it. In the marketplace we are
    all seeking our self-interest and trying different ways. Time will tell
    what succeeded.

    Anyway, these are mutually agreed commercial arrangements between a
    buyer and a seller. None of your business as a third party. If you
    don't like Amazon's policies, don't buy from them. If you don't like my
    behavior, don't sell to me. Other than trolling the net, you have no
    further rights in this deal.

    AKT, Dec 14, 2007
  9. AKT

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/13/07 4:02 PM, in article 4761ac12$0$36378$,
    wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> On 12/12/07 7:18 PM, in article 47608874$0$36390$,
    >> "The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet"
    >> <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> If I was amazon.com and you tried this I would tell you to go **** a dog.
    >>>
    >>> The Spider
    >>>

    >> And insult the dog? Who are you, Michael Vick?!?
    >>

    > Pull your brain out. Michael Vick has not been charged for sex with animals
    > only making them fight each other for money.
    >
    > The Spider

    Bullshit! Dogs have no idea about value of money, moron.

    George Kerby, Dec 14, 2007
  10. In article <141220070057109591%>, AKT <>
    wrote:

    > : Too many people buying things using them and then returning.
    > : People would buy a video camera shoot the wedding and then return the
    > : camera...
    >
    > Please note that this is different from buying 3 cameras in order to
    > choose one. I don't see how that is an abuse.

    Not by much. In both cases, you've converted new, salable store stock
    into junk that legally has to be sold as used, or at very least demo. A
    20% restocking feel will reduce, but not completely cover that loss.

    A dealer can only absorb so much of that before it puts him out of
    business. As a former camera store operator, you wouldn't BELIEVE the
    customer abuse I've endured.

    If you truly have a need to be SO particular as to personally test
    several samples, the fair thing would be to buy them all, and sell the
    rejects on eBay.

    Scott Schuckert, Dec 14, 2007
  11. AKT

    AKT Guest

    :
    : A dealer can only absorb so much of that before it puts him out of
    : business. As a former camera store operator, you wouldn't BELIEVE the
    : customer abuse I've endured.

    Please understand that I am not doing any of this, only theorizing. :)

    As a camera store operator, you had a lot of expenses associated with a
    physical store. Amazon is saving a lot of money by skipping physical
    stores and should be able to absorb such costs better.

    Well, their policy tells me that they too obviously think they can. It
    is only others who have nothing to do with them who seem to be griping
    about it.

    Another happy middle ground would be as follows: Just as a physical
    store has to have floor samples---for a company like Best Buy, which
    has 1200 stores, this means 1200 floor display samples of each model
    they carry---maybe Amazon can have "examination pieces" for small items
    and instead of buying them, you'd pay a refundable deposit.

    AKT, Dec 14, 2007
  12. Well, I choose to believe public statements made by companies. There are far
    more risks lieing about things than telling the truth. You believe what you
    like and it doesn't matter. Too many people cause any store to loose money
    they will end returns or make it expensive or hard to return items and that
    fucks everyone simply so some scum bag motherfucker can play with
    themselves.

    The Spider

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Dec 14, 2007
  13. "AKT" <> wrote in message
    > Scott Schuckert <> wrote:
    >
    > : Not by much. In both cases, you've converted new, salable store stock
    > : into junk that legally has to be sold as used, or at very least demo. A
    > : 20% restocking feel will reduce, but not completely cover that loss.
    > :
    > : A dealer can only absorb so much of that before it puts him out of
    > : business. As a former camera store operator, you wouldn't BELIEVE the
    > : customer abuse I've endured.
    >
    > Please understand that I am not doing any of this, only theorizing. :)
    >
    > As a camera store operator, you had a lot of expenses associated with a
    > physical store. Amazon is saving a lot of money by skipping physical
    > stores and should be able to absorb such costs better.
    >
    > Well, their policy tells me that they too obviously think they can. It
    > is only others who have nothing to do with them who seem to be griping
    > about it.
    >
    > Another happy middle ground would be as follows: Just as a physical
    > store has to have floor samples---for a company like Best Buy, which
    > has 1200 stores, this means 1200 floor display samples of each model
    > they carry---maybe Amazon can have "examination pieces" for small items
    > and instead of buying them, you'd pay a refundable deposit.

    It doesn't matter if your having a wet dream about doing it. You asked and
    you are getting answers. Answers you don't like. You don't want to have to
    burdened about any of the moral problems buying 3 expensive items just to
    play with instead of doing proper research. Anyone that would do what you
    are "dreaming" of is a scum bag mother fucker.

    The Spider

    --
    If stupid was fruit, Washington D.C. would be an orchard!

    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Dec 14, 2007
  14. AKT

    Yoshi Guest

    "AKT" <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering: Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?
    > For example, if I am undecided between three cameras, would they be ok
    > with my ordering and trying all three, keeping the one I like the best,
    > and returning the remaining two? Or, in principle at least, am I
    > expected to return something only if it is defective?

    If you think this is an ethical thing to do, your morals are DEFECTIVE.
    There's no reason a merchant should tolerate this sort of abuse. Story
    return policies aren't intended to provide you free cameras to play with.

    Yoshi, Dec 15, 2007
  15. AKT

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote

    > Bullshit! Dogs have no idea about value of money...

    I wouldn't be so sure. I know plenty of people who bet on dogs (and horses)
    and lost, but have you ever heard of a dog putting money on a human? :)

    Paul

    Paul Bartram, Dec 16, 2007
  16. AKT

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/15/07 9:20 PM, in article
    47649990$0$16794$, "Paul Bartram" <p.bartram
    ATOR NEAR mysoul.com.au> wrote:

    > "George Kerby" <> wrote
    >
    >> Bullshit! Dogs have no idea about value of money...

    > I wouldn't be so sure. I know plenty of people who bet on dogs (and horses)
    > and lost, but have you ever heard of a dog putting money on a human? :)
    >
    > Paul

    Nope. They know that we cheat...

    George Kerby, Dec 16, 2007