  1. shipping

    shipping Guest

    Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr user?

    shipping, Dec 29, 2005

  2. shipping

    Tesco News Guest

    Please do not shout, and do send your post, so that answers can be posted
    below the question. (Plain text)

    The answer is "Who knows?".

    There are as many differemt preferences for Software, as there are for
    Cameras. People tend to have quite a few different programs, but less often
    do they have a variety of DSLRs

    Roy G

    Tesco News, Dec 29, 2005

  3. shipping

    shipping Guest

    sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice.

    shipping, Dec 29, 2005
  4. shipping

    Dave Guest

    I used 1.0, then 2.0, before eventually moving to CS. I would say, yes.

    Dave

    Dave, Dec 29, 2005
  5. shipping

    C Wright Guest

    On 12/29/05 7:42 AM, in article _IRsf.687$,
    "Tesco News" <> wrote:

    > Please do not shout, and do send your post, so that answers can be posted
    > below the question. (Plain text)
    >
    > The answer is "Who knows?".
    >
    > There are as many differemt preferences for Software, as there are for
    > Cameras. People tend to have quite a few different programs, but less often
    > do they have a variety of DSLRs
    >
    > Roy G
    >

    > "shipping" <> wrote in message
    > Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr user?

    Exactly, who know? How serious an armature are you? If you are serious I
    would recommend Photoshop CS2. Yes, it is expensive but many spend much
    more money on a single lens and probably use that lens less than their image
    editor! If it is possible for you to take a college course, photography or
    anything else, some significant educational discounts on PS are available.
    I am sure others will disagree and have other recommendations!
    Chuck

    C Wright, Dec 29, 2005
  6. shipping

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > shipping writes ..
    >
    >Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr
    >user?

    It's a very good choice for "the amateur dslr user" ... there are
    others as well, but Elements is a very good choice.

    Bill
    (Photoshop user)

    Bill Hilton, Dec 29, 2005
  7. shipping

    Wilhelm Guest

    "shipping" <> wrote in message
    Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr user?

    No, Adobe Photoshop CS2 is.

    Wilhelm, Dec 29, 2005
  8. shipping wrote:
    > Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr user?

    Yes.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 29, 2005
  9. shipping

    Swingman Guest

    You might find it helpful to read the reviews of Photoshop Elements 4.0 on Amazon.com

    Swingman, Dec 29, 2005
  10. shipping

    Ron Hunter Guest

    shipping wrote:
    > Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr user?

    That depends on just how much editing you will do, and what type. It
    would probably be adequate for 90% of P&S users, and 80% of DSLR users.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 30, 2005
  11. shipping

    Ray Fischer Guest

    shipping <> wrote:
    >Is Photo Elements 4 the software of choice for the amateur dslr user?

    It's a good starting point. It's quite capable and is very reasonably
    priced. If you later decide to upgrade to Photoshop CS2 then you'll
    not have wasted time learning it. Besides, my daughter's picture is on
    the back of the box.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Dec 30, 2005