    usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
    it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
    wireless? thanks.

    lbbss, Jan 7, 2008

  2. lbbss

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:52:10 -0800 (PST), lbbss <>
    wrote:

    >I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
    >usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
    >it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
    >wireless? thanks.

    Should not be a problem. Just run it as "secure" "ad hoc".
    Might need a router to help with any distance between the two.

    richard, Jan 7, 2008

  3. lbbss

    Leythos Guest

    In article <13b3f564-2adf-4699-9ba2-9dfd4591159f@
    41g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
    > usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
    > it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
    > wireless? thanks.

    Wireless USB is always a crap-shoot, it's problematic and intermittent.
    If you get one that works well, well, you're lucky.

    --

    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS 1.COM
    that create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a
    look at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Jan 7, 2008
  4. lbbss

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote in message
    >I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
    > usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
    > it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
    > wireless? thanks.

    I've used both USB wireless adapters and a wireless adapter cards. Both
    should be fine. Personally I'd recommend a wireless adapter card because you
    then don't have the problem of it being inadvertently disconnected, and
    because USB will require more from the CPU (but unless you feel the pc in
    question is slow then this is probably not worth worrying about). Otherwise
    both should work fine.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian