    Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore Mad
    World. Anyone have any info on that?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Michael Rogers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > A few monthes ago I heard Mad World was being re-released on DVD. It
    > never became clear if this was just a reissue or a new version. Anyone
    > know the story.
    >
    > Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore
    > Mad World. Anyone have any info on that?
    >
    > Mike

    Rotted film and studio politics and discarded footage -- oh my!

    Read it and weep:

    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/madworld/mad.html

    Scot Gardner, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Michael Rogers

    > A few monthes ago I heard Mad World was being re-released on DVD. It
    > never became clear if this was just a reissue or a new version. Anyone
    > know the story.
    >
    > Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore
    > Mad World. Anyone have any info on that?
    >
    > Mike

    The re-release appears to be exactly the same as the original release,
    with a $5 price reduction:

    It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (Special Edition) MGM/UA
    Discontinued 5.1 LBX, 16:9 $19.98 G 1963 Comedy 2.55:1
    027616865915 9/18/01 12047

    It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (Special Edition/ Re-Issue) MGM/UA
    Out 5.1 LBX, 16:9 $14.95 G 1963 Comedy 2.55:1
    027616902740 10/14/03 33362

    (From Home Theater Info "Alllist" spreadsheet.)

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Scot Gardner, Jan 10, 2004
  4. On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:44:43 GMT, Michael Rogers
    <> wrote:

    >Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore Mad
    >World. Anyone have any info on that?

    I was at a screeing of the film very early last year in Hollywood with
    some a Q&A session with some stars, crew, and Kramer's widow. She
    teased the audience that there was a lot of work going on regarding
    restoring IAMMMMW to its 5 hour running time, and she was hopeful that
    a 4 hour cut of the film would be screened in LA sometime in 2004.

    Keeping my fingers crossed.

    Hitman of Las Vegas, Jan 11, 2004