    cables.

    Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated. wish me luck :)
    (Sorry for the cross-post)
    owmanstubbedmytoe, Dec 4, 2004

  2. owmanstubbedmytoe

    Acer0001 Guest

    -- BRI interfaces need an ISDN circuit or simulator in the middle.
    -- You can buy serial crossover (DB-60 to DB-60) at www.anthonypanda.com.

    Acer0001

    Acer0001, Dec 5, 2004

  3. "owmanstubbedmytoe" <> writes:
    >I've been troubleshooting WAN links in the field for years, I now want to
    >play with some in my Cisco home lab (3 routers, 2 switches) before I
    >write the BCRAN and CIT exams.

    >Is this possible without an isdn/frame switch in the middle:
    >1) Connect one BRI interface to another through an ISDN crossover cable.

    No, its not possible. You need a simulator, or BRI switch of some
    kind. Adtran Atlas is what is used by many cisco labs. There are
    several other less expensive solutions for simulating an ISDN switch.

    >2) Connect serial interfaces via crossover cables to make a pseudo-WAN.

    You can have a cisco router become a Frame Switch. Its covered in the
    Frame documentation. You just need the right DTE->DCE cabling and
    you're good to go.
    Doug McIntyre, Dec 5, 2004