    my autostart folder).
    ciao

    Tomi
    Tomislav Grabic, Oct 19, 2004

  2. 1) Download the following three items...

    Trend Sysclean Package

    Latest Trend signature files.

    Adaware SE (personal free version)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt202.zip

    sysclean.com.

    2) Update Adware with the latest definitions.
    3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    (a few cycles may be needed)
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
    Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    10) Please report back your results

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Hello Dave,
    thank you for your answer. I proceeded as you suggested in your email -
    the results:
    Adaware (which I was using before, too) found three tracking cookie, my
    browser is now blocking the sites where they came from.
    I haven´t heard about the trend sysclean package, it´s a very interesting
    piece of software, the report states

    Execute pattern count(1324), Virus found count(0), Virus clean count(0),
    Clean failed count(0)

    I found something else btw. I the winnt/ folder, I found another file
    referencing the is-6B9S7.exe file:

    * List of files to be registered on the next reboot. DO NOT EDIT! *
    D:\Programme\WinSCP3\DragExt.dll

    I guess I´ll just contact the dev team about this - thank you for your
    help :)
    ciao

    Tomi

    Tomislav Grabic, Oct 21, 2004