    purpose?

    your answers will help me a lot!

    ta
    AJ, Nov 27, 2003

  2. It will function on that system,but I wouldn't call it running.
    You can get by with a lot by adding memory.

    Laptops are fine--I run 2003 enterprise on mine.It is handy to have a
    preconfigured server to jack into networks for diagnostics.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 27, 2003

  3. AJ

    Guest Guest

    Larry
    Thanks for your advice, it has really helped me clear
    about options in hand.
    i think server 2003 will work as good on laptop as on
    desktop. i'm good to go!
    thanks again!!

    Guest, Nov 27, 2003
  4. AJ

    Kian Wah Lai Guest

    i'm running enterprise on my desktop with 333mhz...its quite slow but as
    long you're patient it will be ok

    Kian Wah Lai, Nov 27, 2003
  5. AJ

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    laptop won't matter. you are not using it as a real server. you are just
    playing around with it.

    P3 might be okay. i would beef up the ram if you got it. 512 at least. but
    try it. worst that will happen is it will crawl on you.

    ry,
    mcse

    "AJ" <> wrote in news:05e901c3b4b1
    $4c00d580$:

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 28, 2003
  6. AJ

    Dave Guest

    I have a production 2003 server with only 256 MB Ram and it's performance is
    not noticeably worse than when it ran NT4.
    P3 477 MHz/ 256RAM will be plenty for testing on.

    Dave

    Dave, Nov 28, 2003
  7. AJ

    lazyadmin Guest

    477MHz interesting :)

    Non the less it should run ok.

    lazyadmin, Nov 29, 2003
  8. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 1, 2003