    It must cost the companies some money to put this plastic stuff over
    the disks yet as far as I can see serves no purpose other than annoying
    the customer who just wants to use them!

    Pete L, May 17, 2006

  2. Pete L

    Bratboy Guest

    "Pete L" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anybody in the trade or just know why when I buy a box of blank
    > DVD's in jewel cases they are covered in plastic that I have to shout,
    > swear at and fight with to remove - whereas just get a spindle of 25
    > disks and they are not covered?
    >
    > It must cost the companies some money to put this plastic stuff over
    > the disks yet as far as I can see serves no purpose other than annoying
    > the customer who just wants to use them!

    Since alot of companies sell single disc, 5 packs and spindels its prolly
    just a cost cutting deal. Prolly cheaper for them to wrap all singles then
    if need 3 for a box they have it and if someone just wants one they can pull
    from same stock. Spindles are, IMHO, almost always the cheaper way to go but
    you can also get some rewally crappy blanks with some of those generic
    disc's. Their not as cheap as some but I have had excetionally good luck
    with Verbatim Digital Movie blanks, cant recall a single dud actually plus
    they have cool Movie reel art on one side hehe

    Bratboy, May 17, 2006