    m and running Windows XP.

    Thanks.

    John

    dejola, Mar 1, 2009

  2. dejola

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >dejola <> wrote in
    >
    >> My cursor is acting strange. It is not moving smoothly as it usually
    >> does, but instead is either momentarily unrresponsive or it moves in a
    >> jerky, halting fashion. At the same time when I check processes in
    >> task manager I find that my CPU usage fluctuates wildy between 20 and
    >> 60 per cent. I believe these two problems are related. But how?
    >>
    >> Can anyone venture a guess what is going on? I'm using a Thinkpad Z61
    >> m and running Windows XP.

    >Certainly you need to clean out your startup. That's programs running in
    >the background *all* the time while windows is running.
    >
    >http://ask-leo.com/what_can_i_uncheck_in_msconfigs_startup_list.html

    Idiot.

    To the OP run Process explorer.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

    On the top right will be a graph double click on this - if you feel
    it's program problems you can place your mouse (if it's steady :) )
    at the peaks and read what programs are using the CPU at that time.

    I'd just blow the dust out of the chamber (optical)

    Toss it hard against a wall and purchase an optical (roller)
    --

    kinda hard to explain.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9365/4051.jpg

    , Mar 2, 2009

  3. dejola

    chuckcar Guest

    dejola <> wrote in

    > My cursor is acting strange. It is not moving smoothly as it usually
    > does, but instead is either momentarily unrresponsive or it moves in a
    > jerky, halting fashion. At the same time when I check processes in
    > task manager I find that my CPU usage fluctuates wildy between 20 and
    > 60 per cent. I believe these two problems are related. But how?
    >
    > Can anyone venture a guess what is going on? I'm using a Thinkpad Z61
    > m and running Windows XP.

    Certainly you need to clean out your startup. That's programs running in
    the background *all* the time while windows is running.

    http://ask-leo.com/what_can_i_uncheck_in_msconfigs_startup_list.html

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 2, 2009
  4. dejola wrote:

    > My cursor is acting strange. It is not moving smoothly as it usually
    > does, but instead is either momentarily unrresponsive or it moves in
    > a jerky, halting fashion. At the same time when I check processes in
    > task manager I find that my CPU usage fluctuates wildy between 20 and
    > 60 per cent. I believe these two problems are related. But how?
    >
    > Can anyone venture a guess what is going on? I'm using a Thinkpad Z61
    > m and running Windows XP.

    If your computer is like most of those I've cleaned up in the last
    several years, your CPU usage is from the trojan you are infested with,
    as it is busily sending thousands of spam messages to people all around
    the planet.

    What have you done so far to check if it is clean? Or not?

    --
    -bts
    -"Windows - Life Without Wallsâ„¢"

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009
  5. dejola

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > dejola <> wrote in
    >
    >> My cursor is acting strange. It is not moving smoothly as it usually
    >> does, but instead is either momentarily unrresponsive or it moves in a
    >> jerky, halting fashion. At the same time when I check processes in
    >> task manager I find that my CPU usage fluctuates wildy between 20 and
    >> 60 per cent. I believe these two problems are related. But how?
    >>
    >> Can anyone venture a guess what is going on? I'm using a Thinkpad Z61
    >> m and running Windows XP.
    >>

    > Certainly you need to clean out your startup. That's programs running in
    > the background *all* the time while windows is running.

    ROFL! Idiot

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 2, 2009
  6. dejola

    Keyser Söze Guest

    dejola <> wrote in message

    > My cursor is acting strange. It is not moving smoothly as it usually
    > does, but instead is either momentarily unrresponsive or it moves in a
    > jerky, halting fashion. At the same time when I check processes in
    > task manager I find that my CPU usage fluctuates wildy between 20 and
    > 60 per cent. I believe these two problems are related. But how?
    >
    > Can anyone venture a guess what is going on? I'm using a Thinkpad Z61
    > m and running Windows XP.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

    Google 'Threadmaster'.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Mar 2, 2009