    be able to change the IRQs.

    Thanks

    , Apr 30, 2005

  2. K-CSC Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello
    >
    > I'm running Windows 2000 pro. Several devices are using IRQ 9, there
    > are free IRQs available.
    >
    > When I go into device manager (as administrator), the check box is
    > grayed out. It will not let me change the IRQs of the devices.
    >
    > Any idea what I need to enable or change in Windows 2000 in order to
    > be able to change the IRQs.

    You should seek another NG as this NG has been destroyed due to a Troll and
    all the good people have headed for the hills.

    K-CSC :)

    K-CSC, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Michael Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:22:52 -0500, wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I'm running Windows 2000 pro. Several devices are using IRQ 9, there
    >are free IRQs available.
    >
    >When I go into device manager (as administrator), the check box is
    >grayed out. It will not let me change the IRQs of the devices.
    >
    >Any idea what I need to enable or change in Windows 2000 in order to
    >be able to change the IRQs.
    >

    >Thanks

    If I recall, you can have the BIOS on your motherboard specify the IRQ
    used for each PCI slot. You can also specify in the BIOS to NOT do
    this if you're using a PnP Operating System. You might check your mobo
    manual to see if and how this is accomplished. I'm looking at my mobo
    manual now, and it has an advanced page in the BIOS to make these
    changes. Hope that helps
    Michael

    Michael, Apr 30, 2005
  4. Michael Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:42:39 GMT, "K-CSC" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I'm running Windows 2000 pro. Several devices are using IRQ 9, there
    >> are free IRQs available.
    >>
    >> When I go into device manager (as administrator), the check box is
    >> grayed out. It will not let me change the IRQs of the devices.
    >>
    >> Any idea what I need to enable or change in Windows 2000 in order to
    >> be able to change the IRQs.
    >>

    >You should seek another NG as this NG has been destroyed due to a Troll and
    >all the good people have headed for the hills.
    >
    >K-CSC :)

    I fear no trolls.... stop feeding them and they go away :-D

    Michael, Apr 30, 2005
  5. K-CSC Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:42:39 GMT, "K-CSC" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> I'm running Windows 2000 pro. Several devices are using IRQ 9, there
    >>> are free IRQs available.
    >>>
    >>> When I go into device manager (as administrator), the check box is
    >>> grayed out. It will not let me change the IRQs of the devices.
    >>>
    >>> Any idea what I need to enable or change in Windows 2000 in order to
    >>> be able to change the IRQs.
    >>>

    >>You should seek another NG as this NG has been destroyed due to a Troll
    >>and
    >>all the good people have headed for the hills.
    >>
    >>K-CSC :)
    >>

    > I fear no trolls.... stop feeding them and they go away :-D

    That *clown* feeds herself. I too fear no ass-wipe.

    K-CSC :)

    K-CSC, Apr 30, 2005
  6. wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I'm running Windows 2000 pro. Several devices are using IRQ 9, there
    > are free IRQs available.
    >
    > When I go into device manager (as administrator), the check box is
    > grayed out. It will not let me change the IRQs of the devices.
    >
    > Any idea what I need to enable or change in Windows 2000 in order to
    > be able to change the IRQs.
    >

    > Thanks

    Is your motherboard ACPI enabled? The IRQ settings are set by the BIOS,
    then changed by Windows as needed, most will be set to IRQ 9. PCI
    devices are required to be able to share IRQs.
    After PCI resources are set, they generally cannot be changed from
    Windows 2000. If you need to manually assign IRQ addresses to a device
    on an ACPI motherboard, disable ACPI in the computer's BIOS before
    installing Windows 2000.

    John Wentworth, May 2, 2005
  7. Guest

    Thank you